Agno railway station
The station platform looking north, with station building to left and depot entrance to right
Canton of Ticino,
|Elevation||274 m (899 ft) AMSL|
|Owned by||Lugano–Ponte Tresa railway|
|Operated by||Lugano–Ponte Tresa railway (FLP)|
|Line(s)||Lugano–Ponte Tresa railway|
|Distance||7.7 km (4.8 mi) from Lugano FLP|
|Connections||Autopostale bus services
Lugano Airport (10 minute walk)
The station is served by FLP trains on line S60 of the Ticino rapid transit network, which operate every 15 minutes between Lugano and Ponte Tresa, with trains every 30 minutes at weekends and evenings. The station is also served by an Autopostale bus service to Aranno and Cademario Casa di Cura.
The headquarters and main depot of the FLP adjoins the station. The station has a passing loop, although trains do not usually pass here in normal service. There is a single side platform which adjoins the station building, and a narrow centre platform allows passengers to board and alight from trains on the loop track.
The station was renovated and expanded between 1990 and 1992, and further work, including the enlargement of the centre platform, was undertaken in 2003.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. p. 61. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- "Lugano–Ponte Tresa (Linea S60)" (PDF) (in Italian). Canton of Ticino. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Schema di rete - Trasporti pubblici" [Network diagram - Public transport] (in Italian). Canton of Ticino. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Public Transport". Lugano Airport. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- "Cenni Storici Sulla Ferrovia Lugano-Ponte Tresa - 1981-2012" [History of the Lugano–Ponte Tresa railway - 1981-2012] (in Italian). Ferrovie Luganesi. Retrieved 2012-10-24.[permanent dead link]
- Media related to Agno railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|