Agon Ltd is a sports event promoting company, the commercial rights holder to the World Chess Championship cycle since 2012.
It was founded in 2012 in Jersey by Andrew Paulson as the sole shareholder. On February 20, 2012, an agreement between Agon and FIDE was made, running from 2012 to at least 2021 for the management of the World Chess Championship and associated events, subject to approval by the 2012 FIDE General Assembly. This approval was forthcoming in September 2012.
- "Agon Corporate Records" (PDF). nytimes.com. New York Times. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Ilya Merenzon / WORLD CHESS by Agon Limited". Zoominfo.com. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "FIDE-Agon Agreement, Annex 11, FIDE General Assembly 2012" (PDF).
- Minutes of 2012 FIDE General Assembly, Section 4.3
- "An Interview with Ilya Merenzon".
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|