The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Post rock, Alternative rock|
My Own Private Alaska
The group was born in the late 1990s in the form of side-project of Psykup. The band interprets simple acoustic covers.
After some changes, the line up is stabilized in 2002. Mathieu MIEGEVILLE, vocals, is no longer the only member of the initial training. He also officiates since 2007 in My Own Private Alaska, a piano trio / battery / screams. Mathieu Sainty, said Akira, who takes the bass, was also a member of the Seaside Group. Julian Rouche, guitar, is a founding member of the Naive group, which released his first album in June 2009. He is also the only member of the electro Status Phantom project.
In 2002, the band released their first album, Une histoire de chair
The second album, Altitude Zero, was released in 2004.
The third album, Le troisième choix, was initially scheduled for February 2006, but was released 10 months later, in November 2006. To ward off the spell, the group released a 4 track EP called Finir à Paris. This EP offers two pieces of the future album, two remixes from Altitude Zero, and clip Finish in Paris.
In early 2007, Akira decided to leave the group. He was replaced by Stéphane Bezzina (called Pelo and current bassist Psykup).
The group's fourth album, Les Illusions d'une Route was structured as a triple album triptych.
The first component, Barcelona, released in 2010.
The second part, Baghdad, was released in 2012.
The group name has no special meaning. This is the concatenation of Agora is the name of the former studio of Psykup, Agora (managed by Yannick Tournier, former Psykup), who was also a place of life and meetings, and Fidelio, which is the Password orgiastic evening in the film Eyes Wide Shut (originally the name of the only opera Beethoven).
- Matthieu Miègeville (aka MiLKa) : Vocals, ( Also vocalist of Psykup and My Own Private Alaska)
- Julien Rouche (aka Jouch) : Guitar ( Also singer and guitarist of Naïve)
- Stéphane Bezzina (aka Pelo) : Bass ( Substitute of Akira, since February 2007) - Pelo also is bass in Psykup
- Pierre-Marie Lesouple (aka Pim) : Drums
- Une histoire de chair (2002)
- Altitude Zéro (2004)
- Finir à Paris (EP) (2006)
- Le troisième choix (2006)
- Les Illusions d'une Route : Barcelone (2010)
- Les Illusions d'une Route : Bagdad (2012)
- Official site
- Official record label
- Audio interview about the launch of "le Troisième choix"[permanent dead link]