|Origin||Springfield, Massachusetts, United States|
|Associated acts||Pig Destroyer, Japanese Torture Comedy Hour|
|Past members||Carl Shultz
Agoraphobic Nosebleed (abbreviated as ANb) is a grindcore band formed in 1994 in Springfield, Massachusetts, United States. Its line-up has changed often over the years, with guitarist and drum programmer Scott Hull being the only continuous member. The current line-up includes vocalists Jay Randall, Kat Katz, formerly of Salome, and Richard Johnson of Enemy Soil and Drugs of Faith, along with John Jarvis of Pig Destroyer and Fulgora on bass guitar. Agoraphobic Nosebleed is one of the most well-known drum-machine grindcore bands, and has influenced many drum-machine grindcore bands.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The band is known for the brevity of its songs. The album Altered States of America features 100 songs (including one hidden) in just under 22 minutes, with many songs of 5 seconds or less, and the longest song being only 1:45.
Agoraphobic Nosebleed is also known for rarely playing live. The band played at the 2003 New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. As the band's appearance was unscheduled, Pig Destroyer cut its set short so Agoraphobic Nosebleed could play two songs and an intro. Twelve years later, the band finally played their first full live set at the 2015 edition of the Maryland Deathfest. Their second full live set was played on November 15, 2015 at the Housecore Horror Festival Part III in San Antonio, TX. In keeping with the band's aesthetic, no live drummer has been used at the performances.
In 2006, Hydra Head Records reissued Agoraphobic Nosebleed's 6" PCP Torpedo as a double disc set entitled PCP Torpedo/ANbRx. The first disc consists of the 10-song, 6-minute original EP. The second disc is over an hour's worth of remixes of songs from PCP Torpedo by breakcore and noise music artists such as Xanopticon, James Plotkin, Merzbow, and Justin Broadrick.
In 2009, the band released the album Agorapocalypse on Relapse, available as a CD, LP, and longbox CD. The split 7" with Crom was released a month later. In 2010, the band released a split 7" with The Endless Blockade for Relapse Records and a split 5" with A.N.S. for Tankcrimes Records. A split CD/LP with Despise You was released on Relapse in 2011. The December 2011 issue of Decibel Magazine included a flexi disc titled Make a Joyful Noise, and the December 2012 issue included a flexi disc containing the song "Merry Chrystmeth".
Agoraphobic Nosebleed is recording four Eps, each written in the preferred style of a specific member. Kat Katz's Ep, Arc, was released in 2016. Randall is currently working on Drum Machine Gun 2, as well as doing a collaborative 7" with Wadge and a collaborative 12" with Black Mayonnaise.
- Scott Hull (Pig Destroyer, ex-Anal Cunt, ex-Japanese Torture Comedy Hour) – guitar, drum programming
- Jay Randall (ex-Isis, Japanese Torture Comedy Hour, Seal Team 666) – vocals, electronics
- Richard Johnson (Enemy Soil, Drugs of Faith, Jesus of Nazareth) – vocals, formerly bass guitar
- Kat Katz (ex-Salome) – vocals
- John Jarvis (Pig Destroyer, Fulgora) – bass guitar
- Carl Schultz – vocals
- J. R. Hayes – vocals
- Honky Reduction (1998)
- Frozen Corpse Stuffed with Dope (2002)
- Altered States of America (2003)
- Agorapocalypse (2009)
- 30 Song Demo cassette (1995)
- Agoraphobic Nosebleed 7" (1996) (Bovine Records)
- Split with Cattlepress LP (1997)
- Split with Enemy Soil 7" (1997)
- Split with Laceration 7" (1997)
- Agoraphobic Nosebleed 7" (1997) (Clean Plate Records)
- PCP Torpedo 6" (1998)
- Split with Gob 7" (1998)
- The Glue that Binds Us 7" (2006)
- The Poacher Diaries split with Converge CD/LP (1999)
- Split with Benümb 7" (2001)
- Split with Halo 7" (2002)
- Bestial Machinery (Discography Volume 1) 2xCD (2005)
- PCP Torpedo/ANbRx 2xCD (2006)
- Split with Kill the Client 7" (2007)
- A Clockwork Sodom 7" (2007)
- Domestic Powerviolence split with Apartment 213 CD/LP (2007)
- Split with Total Fucking Destruction 7" (2007)
- Altered States of America/ANbRx II 2xCD (2008)
- Split with Insect Warfare 5"/mini-CD (2008)
- Split with Crom 7" (2009)
- Split with Endless Blockade 7" (2009)
- Split with A.N.S. 5" (2010)
- And on and On... split with Despise You CD/LP (2011)
- Make a Joyful Noise flexi disc (2011)
- "Merry Chrystmeth" flexi disc (2012)
- Arc (2016)
- Split collaboration with Wadge
- 3 Eps, each featuring a specific member
- York, William. "Agoraphobic Nosebleed". Allmusic. Retrieved June 30, 2009.
- "AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED on MySpace Music".
- Norton, Justin M. "Agoraphobic Nosebleed Agorapocalypse Review". About.com: Heavy Metal.
- Rosenberg, Axl (January 6, 2014). "...And Now Here's an Update on Agoraphobic Nosebleed's Upcoming Albums". MetalSucks. Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Splits w/ Wadge, Thrones, Endless Blockade, Lack of Interest, A... - AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED's MySpace Blog". December 8, 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-02-07.