|Music by||Nandhan Raj|
|Edited by||T. Govardhan|
|18 April 2014|
|Budget||₹8 crore (US$1.2 million)|
|Box office||₹6.3 crore (US$960,000) (first 4 days) |
Agraja is a 2014 Indian Kannada film directed by Srinandan starring Darshan and Jaggesh. Kamna Jethmalani, Sanjjanaa, Arundathi and Aadya Gowda (earlier named Poornima) played the heroines, while Sadashiva Brahmavar, Rangayana Raghu, Biradar and Achyuth Kumar played supporting roles. The film was produced by editor T. Govardhan under his newly established banner named, The Great Indian Movie Creators. Agraja is based on the subject of a National Film Award winning Telugu film, which was revealed to be R. P. Patnaik's Broker.
An enthralling tale on corruption and black money, the plot weaves around its two major characters, Charandas, IAS (Darshan) and Siddha (Jaggesh) and depicts their journey through the path of conflict and realization. Portray as corrupt in the beginning of the film, both Charandas,IAS and Siddha start realizing the flaw in themselves and its impact on the society at large. Thus, begins the battle of two individuals against corruption and black money with a pledge to free the society from these major evils.
- Jaggesh as Sidda
- Darshan as CharanDas IAS
- Kamna Jethmalani
- Sanjjanaa Galrani
- Arundathi as Charandas's wife
- Mansi Pritam
- Aadya Gowda as Sidda's wife
- Sadashiva Brahmavar
- Kuri Prathap
- Sadhu Kokila
- Om Prakash Rao
- Suchindra Prasad as News Anchor
- Sam Styris
The Times of India gave the film 3 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Though the script is crisp, too many cooks spoil the broth. Excessive twists and turns and multiple characters take away from the script. The first half leaver the viewer confused but sequences in the latter half add value to the story". Bangalore Mirror gave it a score of 2.5 and wrote, "The film's plot is no doubt appealing. However, the screenplay is gripping only in the last 30 minutes or so. The rest of the film is rather slow and a dose of adrenaline could have helped".
- "Agraja 4th day box office collection". thehansindia.com. 22 April 2014.
- "Agraja: Srinandan's debut direction". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- "Jaggesh and Darshan show activism in a filmi style :: DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- "'Agraja' enters dubbing stage". Sify.com. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- "'Agraja' Song Shot - Kannada Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
|This article about a Kannada film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|