|Public Limited Company|
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Founded||March 26, 1972|
|Zaid Bakht (Chairman) |
|Products||Finance and insurance|
|৳2.646 billion (US$31 million) 2008|
Number of employees
Agrani Bank Limited was established on 26 March 1972 by combining two abandoned Pakistani banks Commerce Bank and Habib Bank. The Bank is fully owned by the Government of Bangladesh. Agrani Bank is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 12 members headed by a Chairman.
As of 2009[update], the bank has 11 Circle offices, 34 Divisions in head office, 62 zonal offices and 941 branches including 27 corporate and 40 AD (authorized dealer) branches. It has been corporatized on 15 November 2007 and emerged as Agrani Bank Limited (ABL) taking over assets, liability and goodwill of Agrani Bank. The authorized capital of the Bank was Tk 8 billion. They are also the owners of Agrani Bank Cricket Club.
In June 2016, Syed Abdul Hamid, the Managing Director of Agrani Bank was removed by Bangladesh Bank for providing 7.92 billion taka worth of loans against rules. Deputy Managing Director Mizanur Rahman Khan was arrested by Anti Corruption Commission of Bangladesh.
- "New Agrani Bank chairman Zaid Bakht to focus on internal audit". bdnews24.com. 18 November 2014.
- "Independent Auditors' Report" (PDF). Agrani Bank Ltd.
- "Agrani Bank". Banglapedia. Retrieved 2 October 2009.
- "Agrani Bank Limited - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Agrani Bank Limited". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 5 October 2009.
- "Agrani Bank MD axed for Tk 792cr loan irregularities". The Daily Star. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "State-owned Agrani Bank's MD Syed Abdul Hamid sacked". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Agrani Bank acting MD arrested hours after taking charge". Business News 24 BD. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Agrani Bank boss arrested on first day of job". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|