|Comune di Agrate Conturbia|
|• Mayor||Simone Tosi|
|• Total||14.51 km2 (5.60 sq mi)|
|Elevation||337 m (1,106 ft)|
|• Density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Agrate Conturbia (Piedmontese: Agrà e Contòrbia, Lombard: Agraa e Contorbia) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Novara, in the Italian region of Piedmont, located about 100 kilometres (62 mi) northeast of Turin and about 25 kilometres (16 mi) north of Novara. It consists of two towns, Agrate and Conturbia, located in the low hills between Cressa and Borgo Ticino, south of Lake Maggiore.
- Castle of Agrate, of which few original parts remain after it was damaged in 1400
- Castle of Coturbia, also modified
- Parish church of San Vittore, documented as early as 978
- Baptistry of Agrate, in Romanesque style. It is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The lower section (based over a Roman edifice) dates to about 930, while the upper one is from about 1120. It has an octagonal plan, with a small portal surmounted by a single mullioned window. Further triple, blind mullioned windows decorate each face of the building, as well as Lombard bands. The interior has some 15th-century frescoes.
- Faunistic Park La Torbiera, a zoo built in 1977
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute .
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
|This article on a location in the Province of Novara is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|