Agricultural University of Tirana
Universiteti Bujqësor i Tiranës (UBT)
|Established||November 1, 1951|
|Endowment||Financed by the Government of Albania|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Bahri Musabelliu|
The Agricultural University of Tirana (Albanian: Universiteti Bujqësor i Tiranës) is a public university located in Tirana, Albania. It offers education in agronomy, veterinary, forestry, ecology, agribusiness, and similar subjects.
Today it is the unique center in Albania for undergraduate and graduate studies, scientific research, training and extension in the area of agriculture and food (Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Protection, Agribusiness, Economy and Agrarian Policy, Agro-environment and Ecology, Agro-food Technology, Animal Husbandry and Business, Aquaculture and Fishery Management, Forestry Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, etc.
Academics and size
Every year around 15.000 students start their studies at the Agricultural University of Tirana. The actual academic staff is composed of 55 professors, 48 associated professors, 55 doctors, 13 pedagogues – lecturers and 64 assistants.
Faculties and departments
AUT includes the following faculties:
- Faculty of Agriculture and Environment ("Fakulteti i Bujqësisë dhe Mjedisit")
- Faculty of Economy and Agribusiness ("Fakulteti i Ekonomisë dhe Agrobiznesit")
- Faculty of Forest Sciences ("Fakulteti i Shkencave Pyjore ")
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine ("Fakulteti i Mjekësisë Veterinare ")
- Faculty of Biotechnology and Food ("Fakulteti i Bioteknologjisë dhe Ushqimit")
- List of universities in Albania
- Quality Assurance Agency of Higher Education
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country
|This Albanian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|