|Industry||Banking and Finance Services|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Dato' Wan Mohd. Fadzmi bin Wan Othman
(President/Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Banking and Finance|
|Slogan||Sentiasa Di Sisi Anda (Always By Your Side)|
Agrobank, (formerly known as Bank Pertanian Malaysia) is a Government-owned Bank under the Minister of Finance Incorporated (MFI) focusing on agriculture. Agrobank is driven by a policy set forth by the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry (MOA).
On 12 December 2007, Dewan Rakyat (the Lower House of the Parliament) has approved the proposed Bank Pertanian Malaysia 2007 Bill to incorporate Bank Pertanian with a paid-up capital of RM1 billion to enable it to be competitive with other financial institutions and empower it to help develop agriculture as the third engine of growth under the Ninth Malaysia Plan. On 19 December 2007, Dewan Negara (the Upper House) approved the bill.
According to the Borneo Post, Agrobank provides financing solutions for agriculture; including upstream activities such as the supply of agricultural production inputs to downstream activities such as processing and selling of agricultural products to consumers.
Agrobank has been operating for 46 years (as of 2016) and operates 188 branches across Malaysia. Agrobank's focus is on agricultural development.
Products & Services
- Agro Saving
- Agro Saving-i (Islamic)
- Fixed Deposits / Investments
- Agro Perdana
- Agro Perdana-i
- Hartani-i (Tawarruq)
- Ar Rahnu
- Special Advance for Investment Assets-i (SAFIA-i)
- Entrepreneurs capital 1 Malaysia (MUS1M-i)
- Private: Paddy Cash-i
- Replanting SAWIT-i (SAWIT-i)
- Term Financing-i
- Paddy-i (Tawarruq)
- Ease of Working Capital Financing-i (Tawarruq)
- Machinery & Equipment Financing-i (MAEF-i)
- Agro Cash Line-i
- Strategic Alliance Financing-i (SALF-i)
- Financing Programmes
- Fund For Food (3F)
- Agro Bakti Financing Programme
- AGRONet (Retail Internet Banking)
- AGRONetBIZ (Business Internet Banking)
- SELF-SERVICE TERMINAL (ATM/CDM/CQ,/CoDM/Internet Kiosk)
- AgroAgent (Agent Banking Services)
- e-PAYMENT FEES & CHARGES
- Agro Visa Debit Card-i
- Agro VISA Business Debit Card-i
- Bill Payment
- Wasiat (Letter of Will)
- Assessment Tax
- Zakat (Tithe)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Fees and Charges
- Interbank GIRO
- Interbank Fund Transfer (IBFT)
- Agro Mabrur-i
- Letter of Credit-i
- Murabahah Trust Receipt-i
- Trade Working Capital Financing-i (TWCF-i)
- Bank Guarantee-i
- Shipping Guarantee-i (SG-i)
- Documentary Collection
- "The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Malaysian National News Agency ~ BERNAMA". www.bernama.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Agrobank: Positive outlook for agriculture". BorneoPost Online - Borneo , Malaysia, Sarawak Daily News. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Western Union, Agrobank team up to bring reliable, fast payment services - New Sarawak Tribune". New Sarawak Tribune. Retrieved 2016-04-09.