|Founded||January 25, 1993|
|Owner||AB private trust I (90%)|
AB private trust II (10%)
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Agrofert is a Czech conglomerate holding company headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. It operates agriculture, food, chemical, construction, logistics, forestry, energy and mass media industries in the European Union and China.
It was founded in 1993 by businessman and the current Prime Minister Andrej Babiš, and he was its sole owner until 2017 when he was forced to transfer ownership of company to trust funds controlled by his family and lawyers in order to comply with the new conflict of interest legislation passed by the Parliament.
Agrofert was founded by Andrej Babiš on January 25, 1993 and in its current form on July 1, 2000. The holding consists of more than 230 companies mainly in Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany. It is the third largest company in the Czech Republic by revenue with revenue exceeding CZK 117 billion.
It owns or has rented over 57 thousands ha of Czech arable land - 0.7% of total area of the Czech Republic or 1.6% area of Czech arable land. The company was founded in 1993 by Petrimex. Andrej Babiš was its CEO until January 2014 when he became Finance Minister of the Czech Republic, and also its sole owner since 2017.
- Commercial register, ID 48117072, AGROFERT, spol. s r.o.
- Legenda o svatém Andrejovi. Reflex odhaluje zapomenuté informace o Babišově zbohatnutí
- Agrofert Holding 2011 Annual Report Archived 2013-10-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Consolidated Annual Report AGROFERT, a.s. 2013
- "Minister of Finance". Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic. Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- Morávek, Daniel. "Babiš převedl Agrofert do svěřenských fondů, firma se mu ale vrátí - Podnikatel.cz". Podnikatel.cz.
- Motejlek.com - Andrej Babiš předstihl Jana Nepomuka Schwarzenberga
|This article on a Czech company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|