Agua Caliente Clippers
|Agua Caliente Clippers|
|League||NBA G League|
Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario|
|Arena||Citizens Business Bank Arena|
Red, blue, silver|
|General manager||Dee Brown|
|Head coach||Brian Adams|
|Ownership||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Affiliation(s)||Los Angeles Clippers|
The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario are an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League announced to begin play for the 2017–18 season. The franchise is owned by and affiliated with the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The team is based in Ontario, California.
From 2009 to 2014, the Clippers had been affiliated with the former Bakersfield Jam before the Jam switched to a single affiliation with the Phoenix Suns. In December 2015, Doc Rivers, head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers, mentioned the need for the Clippers to own a NBA Development League team.
In April 2017, the Clippers were reported to be looking to add a minor league affiliate in the NBA Development League in either in nearby Ontario or Bakersfield for the 2017–18 season. In May 2017, the Clippers reportedly had settled on the Ontario location and possibly be calling the team the Agua Caliente Clippers. On May 15, the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario were announced. The team is named after the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, a federally recognized tribe with resorts and casinos in Palm Springs and are the presenting sponsor of the Clippers.
|Agua Caliente Clippers|
|Regular season record||23||27||.460|
Agua Caliente Clippers roster
Radio and television
Play-by-play man Brian Arrington and Analyst Eddie Talbert, Jr. of Fox Sports 1350 AM/Riverside comprise the television broadcast team.
- Los Angeles Clippers (2017–present)
|#||Head coach||Term||Regular season||Playoffs||Achievements|
- "Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Reproduction Guideline Sheet". NBA Properties, Inc. August 30, 2017. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- "Doc Rivers says the Clippers 'need' their own D-League team". Fox Sports. December 17, 2015.
- "LA Clippers eyeing D-League team for 2017-18 season". D-League Digest. April 15, 2017.
- "LA Clippers looking to add D-League affiliate". NBA.com. April 29, 2017.
- "Sources: Clippers to make Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario D-League team". ESPN.com. May 9, 2017.
- Oram, Bill (May 10, 2017). "Clippers close to making Ontario D-League team a reality". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "L.A. Clippers Purchase NBA Development League Team". NBA G League. May 15, 2017. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "G-League: Agua Caliente Clippers Find Head Coach in Casey Hill". Fansided. July 19, 2017.