Agua Caliente County Park
|Agua Caliente County Park|
Agua Caliente County Park, San Diego County, California
|Area||910 acres (370 ha; 1.42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,350 feet (410 m)|
|Operated by||San Diego County|
|Open||Labor day weekend to|
last weekend of May
Day use 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Full and partial RV hookups
, tent camping, and cabins
|Hiking trails||3.95 miles (6.36 km) no dogs, no OHV, no bicycles on trails|
|Website||Agua Caliente County Park|
Agua Caliente County Park is a 910 acres (370 ha; 1.42 sq mi) park with geothermally heated springs. The park is located just west of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, in eastern San Diego County, California. Agua Caliente is located about 110 miles (180 km) east of downtown San Diego. Spring water feed pools include an outdoor swimming pool, an outdoor wading pool for children, and an indoor 102 °F (39 °C) therapeutic spa. Site amenities include a caravan area, full and partial hookup RV sites, non-hookup sites, tent camping, and cabins. Facilities include shuffle board, horseshoes, day use picnic area, and dressing rooms. 3.95 miles (6.36 km) hiking trails from flat terrain to steep rocky trails.
Season and hours
The park is open from Labor Day weekend until the last weekend in May. The park is closed during the hot summer months. Camping is open 24 hours and campsites can be reserved as far as a year in advance. Day use from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. Pool hours are from 9:30 am – 5:00 pm with later hours on weekends for campers and early mornings (9:30am–10:30am) reserved for adults.
- Banner, California about 27 miles (43 km) 40 minutes
- Julian, California about 34 miles (55 km) 1 hour
- Anza-Borrego State Park about 43 miles (69 km) 1 hour
- El Centro, California about 54 miles (87 km) 1 hour
- "Experience San Diego Public Trails" (PDF). San Diego Parks and Recreation. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 5, 2014. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Agua Caliente County Park". County of San Diego. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
- "Agua Caliente County Park" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on May 5, 2014. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Agua Caliente Pool Hours". County of San Diego. Archived from the original on March 22, 2014. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
|This article related to camping is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|