Agua Dulce Independent School District
|Agua Dulce Independent School District|
|1 Longhorn Dr.
Agua Dulce, Texas
ESC Region 2
|Type||Independent school district|
|Motto||"HOME OF THE FIGHTING LONGHORNS"|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Mr. Russ Perry|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||29 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.9 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
|Website||Agua Dulce ISD|
Agua Dulce Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Agua Dulce, Texas (USA). The district serves students in west central Nueces and east central Jim Wells counties.
In 1910 the Agua Dulce Independent School District was founded; Sophinia Thompson was the first teacher. The school system was consolidated with that of Bentonville in 1932.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $128,302,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.021 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated two schools.
- Agua Dulce High School (Grades 6-12)
- Agua Dulce Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Agua Dulce ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Agua Dulce High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.