City and corregimiento
|• Land||50.4 km2 (19.5 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
Aguadulce is an agricultural city and corregimiento in the Coclé province in Panama. It is the capital of Aguadulce District and it is located on the Pan-American Highway, near but not on the coast on the Bahia de Parita. The name means "freshwater".
It has a land area of 50.4 square kilometres (19.5 sq mi) and had a population 51,668 .
Aguadulce District is an Industrial Zone dedicated to process cane sugar, rice, food for animals, shrimps and salt production through evaporation of sea water. The water is allowed to enter fields at high tide; its exit is then blocked, and evaporation caused by the sun leaves sea salt, which is then gathered and packaged, besides, export sea food to other markets abroad. Other activities are entertainment activities in casinos, agricultural activities, commerce and restaurants.
Some significant infrastructure in Aguadulce district are Aguadulce Port, Aguadulce airport, Salao Beach. It can be mentioned Ministerio de Trabajo and Organo Judicial where it can be found Juzgado Municipal civil and Penal and Public Ministery.
CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS SUPERIORES DE BELLAS ARTES teaches courses for children and adults in the areas of painting, sculpture, ballet, theater, music. In addition, students can aspire to a fine arts technician who can continue studying at the university to obtain a bachelor's degree. It can be seen a breakthrough in culture since music has been supported by Aguadulce Youth Symphony Orchestra, which has been presented in many cultural activities nationwide.
Places to Visit
The District has dazzling landscapes, you can find extensive plains, hills, rivers and beautiful sunsets, more for the time of December. You can visit the beach El Salao where you can see the sunrise, also has an area near the mangroves with a rock formation where you can walk or refresh with the sea watter on the salt pound, it can be found an innumerable marine life, it is a fun excursion for children. In the area of El Rompio it is possible to visualize a cove full of vegetation where the spectators can rent the boats of the locals or practice fishing, besides, visitors can taste the delicious food of the sea that the place offers.
Visitors also will enjoy:
- Aguadulce Fundation on october with a traditional parade on sunday.
- Saint Johns on June with a religious parade, traditional parade, nightlife activities,
- Carnivals with day and night parades, stages, nightlife activities
- Ester Week a traditional drama theatre of Jesucrist Passion, parade religious, activities every day.
- Christmas parade
- "Cuadro 11 (Superficie, población y densidad de población en la República...)" [Table 11 (Area, population, and population density in the Republic...)] Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine (.xls). In "Resultados Finales Básicos" [Basic Final Results] (in Spanish). National Institute of Statistics and Census of Panama. Archived from the original on July 10, 2015. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Aguadulce.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aguadulce, Coclé.|