Old tree at Agudelle
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Roland Arrivé|
|5.36 km2 (2.07 sq mi)|
|• Density||26/km2 (67/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||47–77 m (154–253 ft) |
(avg. 72 m or 236 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Agudelle is located some 7 km south by south-west of Jonzac and 10 km east of Mirambeau. It can be accessed by the D153 road from Nieul-le-Virouil in the west to the village then continuing east to join the D19 road. There is also the D154E1 from Salignac-de-Mirambeau in the south through the commune to the village. There is a network of country roads covering the whole commune. The commune is mostly farmland with a large forest in the north and patches of forest in the south. Apart from the village there is also the hamlet of Chez Nicoleau in the south of the commune. The altitude varies from 47 to 77 metres above sea level.
The western border of the commune consists of a stream which flows into the Etang d'Allas just outside the north-western border of the commune. The eastern border of the commune is delineated by the Maine stream which flows north.
In the 12th century Agudelle forest belonged to the Order of Fontevraud. The chapel was given to Lambert, the founder of the Abbey of Our Lady of the Crown in 1116 to establish a priory.
List of Successive Mayors of Agudelle
|2001||Current||Roland Arrivé||DVG then PS|
(Not all data is known)
Agudelle is part of the Canton of Jonzac together with 19 other communes.
Agudelle part of the Community of communes of Haute-Saintonge. This group includes 123 communes in the south of Charente-Maritime and is the largest intercommunal structure in France.
Distribution of Age Groups
Percentage Distribution of Age Groups in Agudelle and Charente-Maririme Department in 2009
|0 to 14 Years||16.9||15.4||17.2||15.1|
|15 to 29 Years||13.6||17.3||16.5||14.4|
|30 to 44 Years||16.9||15.4||18.7||17.9|
|45 to 59 Years||22.0||25.0||21.0||20.8|
|60 to 74 Years||18.6||17.3||17.2||17.8|
|75 to 89 Years||11.9||9.6||9.0||12.4|
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Commune in 2009, INSEE.
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Department in 2009, INSEE.
Sites and Monuments
- The Church of Saint Eutropius (12th century) has been listed as a historical monument since 31 December 1986. The church contains two items that are registered as historical objects:
- The Tower House dates from the 19th century.
- Communes of the Charente-Maritime department
- Cantons of the Charente-Maritime department
- Arrondissements of the Charente-Maritime department
- Agudelle on Lion1906
- Agudelle on Google Maps
- Agudelle on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Agudelle on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Agudelle on the INSEE website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- INSEE ‹See Tfd›(in French)
Notes and references
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée PA00104589 Church of Saint Eutropius ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM17000003 Statue: Saint Eutropius ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM17000002 Bronze Bell ‹See Tfd›(in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Agudelle.|