Aguila Saleh Issa
|Aguila Saleh Issa|
عقيلة صالح عيسى
|President of the House of Representatives of Libya|
Assumed office |
5 August 2014
|Prime Minister||Abdullah al-Thani|
|Preceded by||Abu Bakr Baira (Acting)|
1944 (age 73–74)|
Al Qubbah, Libya
|*Issa's term was disputed by Nouri Abusahmain.|
Aguila Saleh Issa (Arabic : عقيلة صالح عيسى; born 1944) is a Libyan jurist and politician who is President of the Libyan House of Representatives since 5 August 2014. He is also a representative of the town of Al Qubbah, in the east of the country.
On February 20, 2015, Aguila Saleh Issa's residence was the target of bombing by ISIL militants in the town of Al Qubbah. In what became known as Al Qubbah bombings, bombs also targeted a petrol station and a police station. It was one of the deadliest attacks in Libya since the end of the 2011 civil war, resulting in a total of at least 40 people killed, although it was not clear how many died in the attack on his residence. ISIL said that the attacks were carried out in retaliation for the 2015 Egyptian military intervention in Libya.
- "CV of House of Representatives president Ageela Issa". Libya Herald. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Ageela Issa elected as president of House of Representatives". Libya Herald. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Jurist elected Libya parliament speaker". Middle East Online. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "New Parliament Elects East Libya Jurist As Speaker". Haberler. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Libya violence: Islamic State attack 'kills 40' in al-Qubbah". BBC. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
Abu Bakr Baira
| President of the House of Representatives of Libya
|This Libyan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|