|Full name||Agustín Federico Marchesín|
|Date of birth||16 March 1988|
|Place of birth||San Cayetano, Argentina|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 May 2017.
On 1 March 2009, Marchesín made his competitive debut in a 2–0 win against Gimnasia y Esgrima de Jujuy. Subsequently, on 29 April, he made his first appearance in an international club competition in a 1–1 draw with Caracas FC. During 2009, he relegated Mauricio Caranta as the first choice goalkeeper, playing in most of the team's games of the Apertura tournament. In 2013, Marchesín won the Copa Sudamericana with Lanús, starting in both matches of the finals against Ponte Preta of Brazil.
In December 2014, Marchesín, along with Lanús teammate Diego González, was sold to Mexican side Santos Laguna as a replacement for retiring goalkeeper Oswaldo Sánchez. In his first year at the club, he won the 2015 Clausura and 2015 Campeón de Campeones cup.
Marchesín was the starting goalkeeper for the U21 Argentine national team that finished third at the 2009 Toulon Tournament. On 20 August 2010, Marchesín received his first call for the senior national team for a friendly match against Spain. Marchesín got his first cap for Argentina in a friendly match against Venezuela as a half-time substitute on 16 March 2011, with Argentina winning the match 4–1.
In September 2014, Marchesín received his first call-up in more than four years when Gerardo Martino called him up to the Argentina squad for the friendly matches against Brazil and Hong Kong, playing against the latter and earning his second cap. He was called up to the Argentina squad for the 2015 Copa América after Mariano Andújar suffered a hand injury midway through the tournament.
- Santos Laguna
- "Agustín Marchesín". ClubAmérica.com.mx. Club América. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "Lanús es el campeón de la Copa Total Sudamericana 2013" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. December 11, 2013.
- "Agustín Marchesin y Diego González fichan por el Santos mexicano" (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Agustín Marchesín fue campeón en México". Lu24.com.ar (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "¡Santos Laguna, Campeón de Campeones!" (in Spanish). El Siglo de Torreón. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Agustín Marchesín es transferido al América". El Universal (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Toulón: Argentina perdió ante Francia en semifinales". La Nación (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Los elegidos del Checho". Olé (in Spanish). 20 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Argentina goleó 4-1 a Venezuela en choque amistoso (in Spanish), El Tiempo, retrieved 16 March 2011
- Granates de Selección: Marchesín y Gómez (in Spanish)
- "Goalkeeper Andújar returns to Argentina and is replaced by Marchesín". CONMEBOL.com. 22 June 2015.