Agustín Díaz de Mera García Consuegra
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (February 2010)|
Agustín Díaz De Mera García Consuegra (born 27 September 1947 in Daimiel (Ciudad Real)) is a Spanish politician and Member of the European Parliament with the People's Party, part of the European People's Party and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
He is a substitute for the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development and a member of the Delegation for relations with Iran.
Garcia was elected to the Spanish Senate in 1989 and from 1996 to 2004 and to the Spanish Congress of Deputies in 1993 representing Avila.
- Director of the 'San Juan Evangelista' school (Madrid)
- Secretary-General of the PP (Ávila)
- Member of the PP National Executive Committee and of the PP Standing Committee in Castile and Leon
- 1996-2000: Chairman of the PP in Ávila
- Deputy Mayor (Ávila)
- 1999-2002: Mayor of Ávila
- Chairman of the Committee on Defence
- 2002-2004: Director-General of the Police
- Member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Member of the WEU Assembly
- 1997-2001: Chairman of the Council of Europe Committee on Migration, Refugees and Demography
- 2000-2002: Chairman of the Spanish Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the WEU
- Grand Cross of the Military Order of Merit with White Distinction
- Knight Commander of the Order of St Gregory the Great, awarded by the Holy See
- Gold medal of the ICPO-Interpol Secretariat-General
- Personal profile of Agustín Díaz de Mera García Consuegra in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Spanish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|