AgustaWestland AW109S Grand
|AW109S Grand at Glasgow|
|Status||Active service/In production|
|Developed from||AgustaWestland AW109|
The AgustaWestland AW109S Grand (also A109 Grand or simply Agusta Grand) is a lightweight, twin-engine, eight-seat multi-purpose helicopter built by the Anglo-Italian manufacturer AgustaWestland. This rotorcraft has been developed from AgustaWestland AW109 by lengthening the cabin and main rotor blades with different tip design. The Agusta Grand is fitted with two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW207C engines whereas its predecessor AW109E has two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW206C engines. It originally entered service in 2005 and has since been used in various roles, including light transport, medevac, search-and-rescue, and military roles.
The AW109 Trekker is a variant of the AW109S Grand with fixed landing skids; it first flew in March 2016.
- A109S Grand
- Marketed as the AW109 Grand, has a lengthened cabin-upgraded civilian version with two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW207C engines and lengthened main rotor blades with different tip design from the previous AW109E version.
- AW109SP GrandNew
- single IFR, TAWS and EVS, especially for EMS, with the front section of the fuselage now made from carbon fiber to save weight.
- AW109 Trekker
- AW109S Grand airframe with fixed landing skids, equipped with a Genesys Aerosystems glass cockpit.
Specifications (A109S Grand with PW207)
- Crew: 1 or 2
- Capacity: 6 or 7 passengers
- Length: 12.96 m (42 ft 6 in) fuselage
- Height: 3.4 m (11 ft 2 in)
- Max takeoff weight: 3,175 kg (7,000 lb) internal MTOW
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW207C Turboshaft engine, 548 kW (735 hp) each
- Main rotor diameter: 10.83 m (35 ft 6 in)
- Maximum speed: 311 km/h (193 mph; 168 kn)
- Cruise speed: 289 km/h; 180 mph (156 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 311 km/h; 193 mph (168 kn)
- Ferry range: 859 km (534 mi; 464 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 4,900 m (16,200 ft)
- Rate of climb: 9.3 m/s (1,830 ft/min)
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Agusta A109.|