Ahead of the Class
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ahead of the Class|
|Written by||Marie Stubbs (book)
|Directed by||Adrian Shergold|
|Theme music composer||Paul Heard|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Running time||94 minutes|
Ahead of the Class is a 2003 book and 2005 dramatic television film based on real-life events.
Marie Stubbs is a diminutive Glaswegian headmistress who is close to the age of retirement. After being Head teacher at The Douay Martyrs School, Ickenham, she takes on one last challenge: to improve the fortunes of St George's School in North West London. The school is facing closure after its previous headmaster, Philip Lawrence, was murdered in 1995, while breaking up a fight between his pupils and students from a rival school.
The drama was filmed on location at former Kingsland Secondary School in Dalston London
- Julie Walters as Marie, Lady Stubbs
- Reece Dinsdale as Sean Devlin (Deputy Headteacher)
- Hannah Yelland as Tracy O'Leary (Deputy Headteacher)
- Inday Ba as Trudy Gower
- Michelle Fairley as Sonia Venning
- Tony Slattery as Stuart Stiles
Awards and nominations
- 2006: Nominated, "Best Single Drama"
- 2006: Nominated, "Best Actress" - Julie Walters
|This article related to a TV movie of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|