Ahero is a town in the city of Kisumu, the third largest city in Kenya. It is an agriculture town in Kenya that is part of Kisumu County. The town has a retail market serving as a main trading center for food and goods coming from Kisii, Homabay, and Nandi. It hosts a town council and has an urban population of 7,891 and a total population of 61,556 (1999 census).
Ahero is located 20 kilometres east of the county capital, Kisumu. Two major roads meet at Ahero, the B3 road from Nakuru To Kisumu and A1 road from Tanzanian border. The Nyando River flows through central Ahero and helps irrigate its many rice fields.
- "About Us – Kisumu County". Retrieved 2021-02-17.
- "Ahero Town – SymbioCity Kenya". Retrieved 2021-02-17.
- "Kenya: Ahero MCA Says Family in Danger After Robbers Break Out of Jail". AllAfrica.com.
- "Ahero Hope Center". Ahero Hope Center. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- Winfred Nkatha , Benson Kimathi (28 January 2015). "Farmers steadily embrace SRI in Ahero, Kenya". Agricultures Network.