Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ahijah the Shilonite, the Biblical prophet who divided the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah.
- One of the sons of Bela (1 Chr. 8:7, RV). In AV (KJV) called "Ahiah."
- One of the five sons of Jerahmeel, who was great-grandson of Judah (1 Chr. 2:25).
- A Pelonite, one of David's heroes (1 Chr. 11:36); called also Eliam (2 Sam. 23:34).
- A Levite having charge of the sacred treasury in the temple (1 Chr. 26:20).
- One of Solomon's secretaries (1 Kings 4:3).
- Son of Ahitub (1 Sam. 14:3, 18), Ichabod's brother; the same probably as Ahimelech, who was High Priest at Nob in the reign of Saul (1 Sam. 22:11) and at Shiloh, where the Tabernacle was set up. Some, however, suppose that Ahimelech was the brother of Ahijah, and that they both officiated as high priests, Ahijah at Gibeah or Kirjath-jearim, and Ahimelech at Nob.
- Father of King Baasha of Israel
|Israelite religious titles|
|High Priest of Israel||Succeeded by|
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|