Ahmad Amzad Hashim
Ahmad Amzad Hashim
|2020–||Deputy Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|2018–2020||Malaysian Islamic Party|
Ahmad Amzad bin Hashim
15 January 1970
Nur Zahirah Hospital, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
|Perikatan Nasional (PN)|
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
Gagasan Sejahtera (GS)
|Alma mater||Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia|
Datuk Ahmad Amzad bin Hashim (Jawi احمد امزاد بن هاشم; born 15 January 1970) is a Malaysian politician who has served as Deputy Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation for the second term in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Adham Baba since August 2021. He served his first term in Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and former Minister Khairy Jamaluddin from March 2020 to August 2021 and Member of Parliament (MP) for Kuala Terengganu since May 2018.
He was born on 15 January 1970, at Kuala Terengganu General Hospital (HBKT).
He received his education at the Sultan Mahmud Secondary School of Science (SESMA), an elite school at the time in Terengganu and a graduate of accounting in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
Upon completing his studies, he established his name in the field of shipping with MSET Shipbuilding Corporation SDN. BHD as the managing director from 1995 to 2004, raising the name of the company to the name of Southeast Asia.
He is married to Suriati Abidin in 1992. On 12 February 2016, Hajah Suriati died from pancreatic cancer. Later, Amzad married Dr. Nur Diana Ahmad Takri in 2017. Haji Amzad now has 9 children, 5 sons and 4 daughters.
|2018||P036 Kuala Terengganu||Ahmad Amzad Hashim (PAS)||42,988||49.65%||Wan Nawawi Wan Ismail (UMNO)||28,215||32.59%||87,786||14,773||84.73%|
|Raja Kamarul Bahrin Shah Raja Ahmad (AMANAH)||15,380||17.76%|
- Federal Territory (Malaysia) :
- Wartawan BO Isteri Haji Amzad Meninggal Dunia BuletinOnline
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE – 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Ibrahim, Mohd Iskandar; Sulaiman, Noor Atiqah (1 February 2021). "Seramai 335 terima darjah kebesaran sempena Hari Wilayah". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 1 February 2021.
- Hadir, Shawaliah (1 February 2021). "Tengku Zafrul antara 6 penerima Darjah Kebesaran Pangkat Pertama sempena Hari WP". MalaysiaGazette (in Malay). Retrieved 1 February 2021.