احمد بن حمزه
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Mohammad Said Yusof (UMNO-BN)|
|Member of the Melaka State Legislative Assembly|
|Preceded by||Arifin Baba|
|Succeeded by||Ghazale Muhamad|
|Born||27 September 1948|
Malacca, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN)|
|Alma mater||University of London|
Datuk Seri Haji Ahmad bin Hamzah (Jawi: احمد بن حمزه; born 27 September 1948) is a Malaysian politician and is the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Jasin constituency in the State of Melaka. He is a member of the United Malay National Organisation (UMNO), a major component party in Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition.
Ahmad was elected to federal Parliament in the 2008 election, having been nominated by UMNO to contest the Jasin seat ahead of its incumbent member Mohammad Said bin Yusof. Before entering the federal parliament, Ahmad was previously an one term member of the Malacca State Legislative Assembly for the seat of Serkam .
|2004||Ahmad Hamzah (UMNO)||7,344||69.79%||Kamarudin Sedik (PAS)||2,997||28.48%||10,523||4,347||83.52%|
|2008||Ahmad Hamzah (UMNO)||27,838||64.64%||Zulkefly Othman (PKR)||15,348||35.36%||44,654||12,728||79.57%|
|2013||Ahmad Hamzah (UMNO)||33,736||60.56%||Rahmat Yusof (PKR)||21,973||39.44%||56,856||11,763||88.21%|
|2018||Ahmad Hamzah (UMNO)||26,560||43.00%||Khairuddin Abu Hassan (AMANAH)||26,341||42.65%||62,912||219||85.67%|
|Abdul Alim Shapie (PAS)||8,860||14.35%|
- Malacca :
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 9 April 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2010. Percentage figures are calculated based on total turnout. Includes results from the 2004 election. Results from earlier elections are not available.
- "'Close one eye' MP out". asiaone. 21 February 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "PRU-13". Utusan. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "83 Datuks in Malacca list". Lee Yuk Peng. The Star. 9 October 2004. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Idris leads Malacca awards list". The Star. 14 October 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|