Ahmad Tarmizi Sulaiman
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Mansor Abd Rahman |
|Majority||42,772 (2018) |
Ahmad Tarmizi bin Sulaiman
|Political party||Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS)|
|Pakatan Rakyat (PR) |
Gagasan Sejahtera (GS)
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
Ahmad Tarmizi bin Sulaiman is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Sik since May 2018. He was Deputy President of the Malaysian Consultative Council of Islamic Organisation (MAPIM). He is a member of the Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS), a component party of the Perikatan Nasional (PN), formerly Gagasan Sejahtera (GS) and Pakatan Rakyat (PR) coalitions.
Candidate for the Member of the Kedah State Legislative Assembly (2013)
2013 Kedah state election
In the 2013 Kedah state election, Ahmad Tarmizi made his electoral debut after being nominated by PR to contest for the Jeneri state seat. He lost to Mahadzir Abdul Hamid of Barisan Nasional (BN) by a minority of 2,060 votes.
Member of Parliament (since 2018)
2018 general election
In the 2018 general election, Ahmad Tarmizi was nominated by GS to contest for the Sik federal seat. He won the seat and was elected to the Parliament as the Sik MP for the first term after defeating defending MP Mansor Abd Rahman of BN and Azli Che Uda of Pakatan Harapan (PH) by a majority of 42,772 votes.
2022 general election
In the 2022 general election, Ahmad Tarmizi was nominated by PN to defend the Sik seat. He defended the seat and was reelected to Parliament as the Sik MP for the second term after defeating of Maizatulakmam Othman Ibrahim of BN and Latifah Mohammad Yatim of PH by a majority of 51,659 votes.
As the Deputy President of MAPIM, Ahmad Tarmizi participated in its mission to spread humanitarianism to other Islamic nations.
|2013||N23 Jeneri, P013 Sik||Ahmad Tarmizi Sulaiman (PAS)||10,258||45.44%||Mahadzir Abdul Hamid (UMNO)||12,318||54.56%||22,576||2,060||89.80%|
|2018||Sik||Ahmad Tarmizi Sulaiman (PAS)||20,088||46.97%||Mansor Abd Rahman (UMNO)||14,870||34.77%||5,218||42,772||84.89%|
|Azli Che Uda (AMANAH)||6,970||16.30%|
|2022||Ahmad Tarmizi Sulaiman (PAS)||34,606||67.64%||Maizatulakmam Othman @Ibrahim (UMNO)||12,189||25.06%||21,787||51,659||81.05%|
|Latifah Mohammad Yatim (AMANAH)||3,736||7.30%|
- "Dashboard PRU14". dashboard.spr.gov.my. Archived from the original on 2022-03-05. Retrieved 2022-03-05.
- "Organisasi MAPIM". Archived from the original on 2020-12-06. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 13 September 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "14th General Election Malaysia (GE14 / PRU14) - Kedah". election.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2022-03-05.
- Media related to Ahmad Tarmizi Sulaiman at Wikimedia Commons