Ahmadiyya Muslim Peace Prize
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Peace Prize, formally Ahmadiyya Muslim Prize for the Advancement of Peace, is awarded annually "in recognition of an individual’s or an organisation’s contribution for the advancement of the cause of peace". The prize was first launched in 2009 by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Peace Prize Committee under the directive of the caliph of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Mirza Masroor Ahmad. The Prize is announced annually at the United Kingdom Annual Convention and is presented the following year at the National Peace Symposium held at the Baitul Futuh Mosque in London. The Prize includes a monetary sum, which is normally set at 10,000 pounds sterling.
|2009||Lord Eric Avebury||United Kingdom||"For his continued efforts to promote human rights across the world"|
|2010||Abdus Sattar Edhi||Pakistan||"In recognition of his outstanding work for social welfare and humanitarian relief"|
|2011||SOS Children's Villages UK||United Kingdom||"its continued efforts to alleviating the suffering of orphaned and abandoned children around the world and towards fulfilling its vision of ‘a loving home for every child’".|
|2012||Oheneba Boachie-Adjei||Ghana||"In recognition of his outstanding work in the promotion of peace through his life-changing medical work that has provided hope and a future for thousands of people in the developing world"|
|2013||Magnus MacFarlane-Barrow||United Kingdom||"In recognition of his outstanding efforts to provide food and education to hundreds of thousands of children in the developing world"|
|2014||Sindhutai Sapkal||India||"For she has devoted her entire life for orphans"|
|2015||Hadeel Qasim Hussein Al-Okbi||Iraq||"In recognition of her outstanding efforts for helping child refugees forced to flee areas such as Iraq due to conflict."|
|2016||Setsuko Thurlow||Japan||"For her excellent efforts to disarm nuclear weapons."|
|2017||Dr Leonid Roshal||Russia||"For his remarkable services to children in war torn areas of the world"|
- "Muslim leader praises British spirit of tolerance". Al Islam. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "EDHI, International and National Recognition / Awards". Edhi Foundation. November 26, 2013. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- "Muslim leader warns of devastating consequences of nuclear war". March 25, 2012. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Muslim leader says World War inevitable unless true justice prevails". March 25, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Muslim peace prize for Mary's Meals founder". November 6, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Peace Symposium 2014". Ahmadiyya Muslim Community International Press & Media Office. November 10, 2014. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "Leading Muslim cleric speaks out about terrorism, President Bashar al-Assad and the refugee crisis". Your Local Guardian. March 21, 2016. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- Peace Symposium: The Ahmadiyya Muslim Peace Prize. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- "Head of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Calls for a Curb on Arms Trade and Urges Dialogue between Nations". Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Press & Media Office. March 27, 2017. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- Senior Pediatric Surgeon
- Al Hakam: 15th National Peace Symposium. Retrieved July 25, 2018.