Ahmed and Mohammed Hussain
|Ustad Ahmed Hussain Mohammed Hussain|
|Genres||Ghazal, Classical, Devotional, Folk, Naat, Hamd|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Singer, Music Director, Activist, Entrepreneur|
|Instruments||Vocals, Harmonium, Tanpura, Piano|
|Labels||EMI, HMV, Saregama, Universal Music, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Polydor, TIPS, Venus, T-Series|
Ahmed Hussain and Mohammed Hussain are ghazal singers from Jaipur, capital of Rajasthan state in India. Ahmed and Mohammed Hussain are two brothers who sing classical ghazals. Born in Rajastan as sons of the famous ghazal and thumri singer Ustad Afzal Hussain, the duo touches genres like Indian classical music and bhajan as well as ghazal. They started their singing career in 1958  as classical and thumri artists. Their first album Guldasta was released in 1980 and was successful. Since then they have released about 50 albums. They attempted popularizing their music by turning to tempo music in Maan bhi ja.
Ustad Ahmed and Mohammed Hussain are a unique phenonmenon in the world of ghazals. They are two brothers who sing ghazals together. They have a classical background and sing ghazals in the good old classical style.  Their sons Javed Hussain, Mazzam Hussian and Imran Hussain are also singers.
They have recently released a new album "Khwab Basera" under Saregama label. Album contains selected Ghazals from Dr. Hariom's "Dhoop Ka Parcham" as well as some new ghazals.
- Sangeeth Natak Academy award in 2000.
- Kabhi Kabhi
- Pyar Ka Jazba
- Greatest Hits - 2 Discs [HMV]
- Guldasta (First Album)
- Shraddha (Bhajan)
- Bhavna (Bhajan)
- Anupam Vani (Bhajan)
- Sarmaya [released : 19 September 2006](Label: Fontana India)
- Dil Ki baat
- Ghazals & Geet
- Khayaal - Geets & Ghazals ( Live )
- Kah Kashan Vol. 1 ( Live )
- Shamakhana Vol. 2 : A Live Mehfil Of Ghazals
- The Golden Moments - Ahmed Hussain - Mohammed Hussain (SAREGAMA)
- The Golden Moments - "Purkaif Hawayen Hain"
- The Golden Moments - "Pyar Ka Jazba"
- The Golden Moments - "Mausam Aayenge - Jaayenge"
- Kabhi Kabhi
- Alad Ballad Bawe Da-Satrangi (Punjabi)
- The Great Ghazals
- Dhola Vasda Raven (Punjabi)
- Ek Hi Saroop (Punjabi)
- Khwab Basera [Nov, 2010]
- Anurodher Asar - Vol. 2 [January 1994] (Bengali)
- maan bhi ja
- "Ghazal brothers Ustad Ahmed and Mohammed Hussain on Idea Jalsa". Retrieved 3 November 2011.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|