Ahmed Khan (choreographer)
Ahmed Khan Mulla
|Occupation||Film actor, Director, Choreographer|
|Spouse(s)||Shaira Ahmed Khan|
Ahmed Khan (born 3 June 1974) is an Indian choreographer, producer, actor, director, and writer. He has choreographed several films after a brief acting stage, and has moved onto writing, producing, and directing other Bollywood films. As of 2019, Khan is judging celebrity dance show Nach Baliye 9 on Star Plus.
After Mr. India, he worked as a choreographer for Taal, Ghajini, and Kick. During this, he also served as director for Lakeer – Forbidden Lines, and worked on Fool n Final, a comedy film. He wrote and produced Paathshaala and Ek Paheli Leela. His latest directing venture Baaghi 2 was a blockbuster success at the Box Office.
Khan served as judge for Dance India Dance Lil Master for its third season, and was popular among contestants, referring to him as "Pappi King". Currently he is a judge in the show nach baliye season 9 Ahmed Khan is all set to direct Baaghi 3 in 2020, starring Tiger Shroff and Shradha Kapoor.
Ahmed Khan is married to Shaira Khan, who is a model and is now a producer with Paperdoll Entertainment. Together, they produced the movie Paathshaala and Ek Paheli Leela. Many of Khan's awards, including his from Filmfare Awards , IIFA, Screen & AIBA for Kick, are dedicated to his wife. He is born half caste Nepalese hindu mother and muslim father who was destroyed gambling in races
Khan has narrowly escaped from death twice. He filmed a movie at the Twin Towers only two days before the September 11 attacks. He also canceled his hotel reservations at the last minute; the hotel was destroyed in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
- Awarded Filmfare Best Choreography Award for Kick 2015.
- Awarded IIFA Award for Kick 2015.
- Awarded Screen Awards for the best choreographer for Kick 2015.
- Awarded AIBA Award for best choreography for Kick 2015.
- Awarded SICA award for Heropanti 2015.
- National award for best choreography for Rangeela 1995.
- Awarded Filmfare Best Choreography Award for Rangeela 1995.
- Awarded Mtv IMMIES for Best Pop Remix.
- Awarded Ecole Solitaire "Ordinary to extra ordinary role model award" for outstanding achievement & for emerging as one of the best dance directors in the country.
- Awarded Telugu Filmfare Award for Best choreographer for Ganesh in 2000.
- Awarded Kannada Filmfare Award for Best choreographer for Yuva in 2005.
- Awarded "Indian film dance director's association award" in 2012.
- Awarded "Golden Jubilee" Subhash Ghai award for Taal.
- Awarded "Indian films & television choreographers association award of appreciation" in 2016.
- Awarded "Star Screen Award" for Best Action for Baaghi 2 2019.
- Awarded "Zee Cine Award" for Best Action for Baaghi 2 2019.
- Awarded "Power Brands" Jury Award for Best Action for Baaghi 2 2019.
- Awarded "Zee Business Award" for 100 crore club for Baaghi 2 2019.
Khan has also won Viewer's Choice awards.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
|2014||"Jumme Ki Raat"||Kick|
|2015||"Dance ke Legend"||Hero|
|"Billi Kat Gayee"||Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon|
|"DJ Bajega To Pappu Nachega"|
|2016||"Soch Na Sake"||Airlift|
|"Dil Cheez Tujhe Dedi"|
||Main Tera Boyfriend||Raabta|
|1987||Mr. India||Shekar Kapur||Child Actor||Hindi|
|1999||Mudhalvan||S.Shankar||Special appearance (song)||Tamil|
|1999||Oke Okkadu||S.Shankar||Special appearance (song)||Telugu|
|2001||Nayak: The Real Hero||S.Shankar||Special appearance (song)||Hindi|
|2007||Fool & Final|
|2010||Paathshaala||Milind Ukey||Producer/ Script Writer||Hindi|
|2015||Ek Paheli Leela||Bobby Khan||Producer/Creative Head||Hindi|
|2018||Baaghi 2||Ahmed Khan||Director||Hindi|
|Nach Baliye 9||2019||Judge||Dance Reality Show|
- "Photos: Celebs at Ahmed Khan and wife Shaira's wedding anniversary - Entertainment". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "A director works like a dog, says Ahmed". One India. 10 August 2007. Archived from the original on 19 October 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Shahid Kapoor's bedroom affairs". Mid-Day. One India. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- Afsana Ahmed (2 January 2005). "It was a narrow escape for Shahid". Times of India. Retrieved 17 May 2010.