Ahmed Khan (choreographer)
|Occupation||Film actor, director, choreographer|
|Spouse(s)||Shaira Ahmed Khan|
|Partner(s)||Shaira Ahmed Khan|
Ahmed Khan is an Indian choreographer, producer, actor, director and writer. Khan began as a child actor playing small roles in films like Raakh. He played an orphan boy in his debut film, Mr. India and worked as choreographer's assistant in Anjaam. He choreographed for films such as Rangeela, Taal, Ghajini and Kick. He was a judge of Dance India Dance Lil Master season 3. Khan made his directorial debut with the 2004 film Lakeer – Forbidden Lines starring John Abraham. In 2007, he released Fool n Final, a comedy with Sunny Deol and Shahid Kapoor. He produced and wrote the script for Paathshaala in 2010. Khan is scheduled to appear in the upcoming sequel to Mr. India, Mr. India 2.
Ahmed Khan is married to Shaira Khan who is a model and producer after dating her for six months. Ahmed Khan started a production house for his wife, Shaira Khan called Paperdoll Entertainment. Where they jointly produced the movie Paathshaala. In which he has written the script and now they are the producers of Ek Paheli Leela, releasing on 10 April 2015. Ahmed Khan, on many occasions has dedicated his awards to his wife Shaira Khan. He won the Filmfare, IIFA, Screen & AIBA award in 2015 for Kick, all of which he dedicated to his wife Shaira Khan.
Ahmed Khan is a childhood friend of actor Shahid Kapoor who he has choreographed and directed in many films.
Ahmed Khan is an alumnus of the The Bishop's School (Pune).
Khan has escaped from death narrowly twice: once he filmed a movie at the Twin Towers only two days before the September 11 attacks; the second time he canceled his reservations at the last minute at a hotel that was destroyed in the 2004 Tsunami.
Ahmed khan has been awarded the "Indian films and television choreographer's association award of appreciation" of which he is also the Vice President.
- Awarded Filmfare Best Choreography Award for Kick 2015.
- Awarded IIFA Award for Kick 2015.
- Awarded Screen Awards for the best choreographer for Kick 2015.
- Awarded AIBA Award for best choreography for Kick 2015.
- Awarded SICA award for Heropanti 2015.
- Awarded Filmfare Best Choreography Award for Rangeela 1995.
- Awarded Mtv IMMIES for Best Pop Remix.
- Awarded Ecole Solitaire "Ordinary to extra ordinary role model award" for outstanding achievement & for emerging as one of the best dance directors in the country.
- Awarded Telugu Filmfare Award for Best choreographer for Ganesh in 2000.
- Awarded Kannada Filmfare Award for Best choreographer for Yuva in 2005.
- Awarded "Indian film dance director's association award" in 2012.
- Awarded "Golden Jubilee" Subhash Ghai award for Taal.
- Awarded "Indian films & television choreographers association award of appreciation" in 2016.
Ahmed Khan has also won Viewer's Choice awards.
As a choreographer
- Jumme Ki Raat from Kick (2014 film)
- Dance ke legend from Hero (2015 Hindi film)
- O Khuda from Hero (2015 Hindi film)
- Bandeyaa from Jazbaa
- Billi Kat Gayee from Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon 2015
- DJ Bajega To Pappu Nachega from Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon 2015
- Afghan Jalebi from Phantom (2015 film)
- Soch na sake from Airlift (2016 film)
- Dil cheez tujhe dedi from Airlift (2016 film)
|2015||Ek Paheli Leela||Bobby Khan||Producer/Creative Head||Hindi|
|2007||Paathshaala||Milind Ukey||Producer/ Script writer||Hindi|
|2007||Fool & Final||Ahmed Khan||Director||Hindi|
|1987||Mr. India||Shekar Kapur||Child Actor||Hindi|
- "A director works like a dog, says Ahmed". One India. 10 August 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Shahid Kapoor's bedroom affairs". Mid-Day. One India. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- Afsana Ahmed (2 January 2005). "It was a narrow escape for Shahid". Times of India. Retrieved 17 May 2010.