|Occupation||Secretary-General of Palestinian Popular Struggle Front (2009–present)
Minister Without Portfolio (2005–2006)
Minister of Labor (2009–2011)
Ahmed Majdalani (Arabic: أحمد مجدلاني) (1956– ) is a Palestinian politician, university professor and researcher. A former Palestinian government minister, he currently serves as Secretary-General of the Palestinian Popular Struggle Front (PPSF) and is a senior member of the PLO Excuctive Committe which is considered the highest political level in Palestine
Majdalani is a member of the Palestinian National Council and the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). In 1998, he served as the Director-General of Arab and International Relations for the Palestinian National Authority.
On 12 August 2009, following the death of Samir Ghawshah five days prior, Majdalani became Secretary-General of the Palestinian Popular Struggle Front (PPSF) after being elected by his party colleagues. Afterward, he stated that his goals were to strengthen Palestinian democratic institutions and encourage elections that would end the strife between Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, and Fatah, the dominant Palestinian faction in the West Bank.
Majdalani was appointed the government post of Minister Without Portfolio in the 9th Palestinian government from February 2005 to March 2006, where his primary task was dealing with issues regarding the West Bank barrier.
Majdalani is a professor of philosophy and cultural studies for Birzeit University located north of Ramallah. He has authored three research studies: The Serious Threats Facing the Palestinian National Project (2007), The Arab Peace Initiative: An Option or Strategy for Peacemaking? (2007), and A Unilateral Declaration of Independence (2008).
- Ahmed Majdalani Profile. Jerusalem Media and Communications Center (JMCC). 2010-01-23. Retrieved on 2012-01-23.
- Who are the members of the new Palestinian government? Ma'an News Agency. 2009-05-19. Retrieved on 2012-01-23.
- Report of the Director-General: appendix. International Labor Organization, 1998. p. 2.
- PPSF elects new Secretary General replacing deceased former leader. Ma'an News Agency. 2009-08-12. Retrieved on 2012-01-23.
- Ahmad Majdalani. Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics and Culture.