Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
|Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum|
1 December 1958 |
Dubai, Trucial States (now known as UAE)
|Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Nationality||United Arab Emirates|
|Education||University of Denver
|Occupation||Noor Investment Group LLC, Noor Takaful General PJSC, and Noor Takaful Family PJSC|
|Spouse(s)||Mona bint Obaid bin Thani Al Maktoum|
He is the son of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, the brother of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum and the uncle of the current Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (though he is nine years younger than him).
His career in the aviation industry began in 1985 when he was appointed President of the Dubai Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) – the governing body that oversaw the activities of Dubai International and Dubai Duty Free, among others. Emirates, the national carrier, was launched at the same time and he was appointed chairman.
- President Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA)
- Chairman and Chief Executive Emirates Airline and Group (including dnata )
- Chairman Dubai Airports
- Chairman flydubai
- Chairman Economic Development Committee
- Chairman Emirates National Bank of Dubai ENBD
- Chairman The British University in Dubai
- Chairman of Dubai EXPO 2020 Higher Committee
- Chairman Board Trustees Al Jalilah Foundation for Education and Medical Research
- Board Member Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD)
- Board Member General Civil Aviation Authority of UAE
- Board Member Dubai Council for Economic Affairs
- Chairman Dubai Supreme Fiscal Committee
- Chairman Department of Oil Affairs
- Chairman Dubai Supreme Council for Energy
- Chairman Board of Dubai World DW
- Chairman Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority
- Chairman Noor Investment Group and Noor Takaful
- Chairman Alliance Insurance Company
- Chairman Dubai Air Wing –Chairman Dubai Aerospace Enterprises
- Chairman Supreme Committee -Dubai Events & Promotions Establishment
- Vice-Chairman Dubai World Trade Centre
- Second Vice Chairman Dubai Executive Council
- Dubai Quality Group (DQG)
- Emirates Foundation
- Dubai Duty Free Foundation
- Rotary Club of Dubai
- Dubai Terry Fox Run
- Rashid Therapy Centre
Honors and awards
- Commandeur de l'Ordre de la Légion d'honneur (the Legion of Honour) the highest French civilian award
- Verfassungsportugaleser, for outstanding services to the City of Hamburg
- Ernst & Young 2011 Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the UAE.
- Emirates Airline Festival of Literature Personality of the Year 2012 Award.
- "His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum". The Emirates Group. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Sheikh Ahmed Replaces bin Sulayem as Dubai World Head". Bloomberg. 12 December 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Ernst & Young names UAE Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011". Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum accepts Emirates Airline Festival of Literature Personality of the Year 2012 Award". Emirates Airline Festival of Literature. Retrieved 3 September 2012.