Ahsan Habib (cartoonist)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Habib at BANCARAS's Cartoon Exhibition 2011
|Native name||আহসান হাবীব|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
Habib was the third son of Foyezur Rahman and Ayesha Foyez. His father, a police officer, was killed by the Pakistani army during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971. His elder brother, Humayun Ahmed, was a writer and film-maker. Another brother, Muhammed Zafar Iqbal, is also a writer and educationist. Habib is married to Afroza Amin and they are parents to only child Shabnam Ahsan.
Habib started career as a cartoonist and writer. He is the editor of Unmad, a satire magazine running since the early 1980s. He was the editor of the Bengali science fiction magazines, Moulik, Autoline, and Ghuddi. He is an adviser of Bangladesh Cartoonist Association.
As a cartoonist, Habib designed many covers. He also worked on writing Sher, a short witty 3/4 lined satiric poem, mainly found in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Rat Barotar Porer Jokes
- Four Twenty Four Hour Jokes
- Jokes Somogro
- 999 Ta Jokes Ekta Fao
- 1001 Ta Jokes 1ta Missing
- Valentine Jokes
- Jini Jokes
- Big and Small Jokes
- লিখতে লিখতে লেখক
- বাবা যখন এক্কেবারে ছোট
- ইশকুল টাইম
- অফিস টাইম
- যাহা বলিব মিথ্যা বলিব
- ভূত যখন Ghost
- Paowel Broonskir Bichar
- "হুমায়ূনের কবরে স্বজনেরা". Prothom Alo. 24 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- Ahsan, Shamim (April 23, 2004). "To Bring Children Back to Books". Star Magazine. The Daily Star. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- "Bangladesh Cartoonist Association". Archived from the original on 2011-10-18. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Daffodil International University Faculty Profile".
|This article about a Bangladeshi writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|