Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology
আহ্ছানউল্লা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়
|Type||Private Science and Technology University|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Muhammad Fazli Ilahi (1 January 2020 – Present)|
|350 (Year: 2014)|
|134 (Year: 2014)|
|Students||6,843 (Year: 2014)|
|Undergraduates||6,248 (Year: 2014)|
|Postgraduates||575 (Year: 2014)|
1.676 acres (0.678 ha)
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission (Bangladesh)|
|Sports||Cricket, football and others|
Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (Bengali: আহ্ছানউল্লা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or commonly known as AUST a private university to be established in Bangladesh. It was founded by the Dhaka Ahsania Mission in 1995. Dhaka Ahsania Mission is a non-profit voluntary organization in Bangladesh. The Mission was established in 1958 by Khan Bahadur Ahsanullah.
The permanent Campus of the University has been built on 5-bighas (1.676 acres) of land at Tejgaon Industrial Area which is located in the heart of Dhaka City. The land use in this area is quickly changing from an industrial area to a commercial area. The 10-storied building including 2-level basement has a total floor area of more than 4 lac sq.ft.
Continuous power and water supply is ensured by its own two generators, each of 1000 KVA, 2500 KVA sub-station and 4-inch diameter deep tube-well. The campus also provides facilities for co-curricular activities like common rooms (male & female), indoor game rooms, etc. as well as space for car parking and heavy machinery labs in the basements.
- List of vice-chancellors
- M. H. Khan (1995–2007)
- M. Anwar Hossain (February 2007 – January 2011)
- A. M. M. Safiullah (August 2011 – 31 July 2019)
- Muhammad Fazli Ilahi (1 January 2020 – Present)
Faculties and departments
The university has the following faculties and departments:
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning
- Department of Architecture
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Master of Architecture
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Master of Science in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (CE)
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Civil)
- Master of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma (Civil)
- Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
- Department of Textile Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering (TE)
- Department of Arts & Science
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Faculty of Business and Social Science
- School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Regular)
- Master of Business Administration (Executive)
- Faculty of Education
- Department of Education
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Bachelor's degree in Primary Education (B.Ed. Primary)
- Bachelor's degree in Non-Formal Education (B.Ed. Non-Formal)
The academic programs of the University are recognized by the following organizations:
- University Grants Commission (Bangladesh) UGC (University Grants Commission, Bangladesh)
- Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
- Institute of Architects, Bangladesh (lAB)
- ITET (Institute of Textile Engineers & Technologists, Bangladesh)
- BUET ( Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology)
Recognition of bachelor degrees
Bachelor's degrees of AUST are recognized by Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), the leading and one of the oldest universities in the public sector of Bangladesh, for pursuing M.Sc. courses offered by BUET. The relevant Degrees are also accredited with the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB), Institute of Architects, Bangladesh (lAB) and the Institute of Textile Engineers & Technologists, Bangladesh (ITET). AUST has also recently achieved a unique distinction through the approval of the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UGC) of its newly constructed spacious campus having modern facilities and infrastructures, as the "Permanent Campus" of AUST.
- "Professor Fazli Ilahi new VC of AUST". New Age. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Prof. Dr. Fazli Ilahi new VC of Ahsanullah University". www.newstoday.com.bd. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Data". ugc.gov.bd. Archived from the original on 12 March 2016. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology- Online". aust.edu.
- "Prof. Dr. A. M. M. Safiullah joined as VC at AUST". AUST. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "List of Private Universities". Archived from the original on 8 August 2011. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology.|