|• Mayor||Klaus Habermann (SPD)|
|• Total||92.97 km2 (35.90 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Aichach (German pronunciation: [ˈaɪçax] ( listen)) is a town in Germany, located in the Bundesland of Bavaria and situated just northeast of Augsburg. It is the capital of the district of Aichach-Friedberg. The municipality of Aichach counts some 20,000 inhabitants. It is not far from the motorway that connects Munich and Stuttgart, the A8. The local river is called Paar. Bavaria's only women's prison was established in Aichach in 1909.
Aichach's history dates back nearly 1000 years.
In 1997, it celebrated 650 years of town status.
Aichach is twinned with:
Sons and daughters of the town
- Matthias Greitter (1495-1550), cantor and composer
- Franz Beck (1846-1918), member of parliament and mayor of the city
- Vincenz Müller (1894-1961), officer of Reichswehr, Wehrmacht and NVA
- Rudolf Wagner (1937-2012), a teacher, local historian and archivist
- Chrislo Haas (1956-2004), musician
- Erhard Bühler (born 1956), major general
- Harry Blank (born 1968), actor
- Christoph Burkhard (* 1984), German footballer
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). June 2016.
- www.aichach.de — official website
|This Aichach-Friedberg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|