Aichi 6th district
Aichi 6th district (愛知県第6区 Aichi-ken dai-roku or simply 愛知6区 Aichi rokku) is a constituency of the House of Representatives in the Diet of Japan (national legislature). It is located in Northwestern Aichi and consists of the cities of Kasugai, Inuyama and Komaki, part of the Chūkyō Metropolitan Area around Nagoya. As of 2012, 420,807 eligible voters were registered in the district.
The seat representing Aichi 6th had fallen vacant in early 2011 when representative Yoshihiro Ishida (DPJ) resigned for his unsuccessful campaign in the 2011 mayoral election in Nagoya, part of the "triple vote" (triple tōhyō) in Nagoya and Aichi on February 6, 2011 when elections for governor of Aichi, mayor of Nagoya and a recall referendum for the Nagoya city council took place. The by-election to replace Ishida took place on April 24, 2011, the day of the second round of the 2011 unified regional elections when mayors and councils in hundreds of cities, special wards, towns and villages across Japan are elected. The campaign officially took off on April 12, 2011: The Democratic Party did not nominate a candidate, Nagoya mayor Takashi Kawamura's party Genzei Nippon ("Tax cuts Japan") that won 13 seats in the Aichi assembly election on April 10 nominated journalist Masayo Kawamura; former representative Hideki Niwa ran for the LDP and won the by-election. In the general House of Representatives election of 2012, Niwa easily defended the seat against former prefectural assemblyman Masaki Amano and former Democrat Tomohiko Mizuno who had represented the Minami-Kantō PR block since 2009.
List of Representatives
|Shōzō Kusakawa||NFP||1996 – 2000||Not on the Tōkai PR list in 2000|
|Yūkichi Maeda||DPJ||2000 – 2005||Reelected in the Tōkai PR block|
|Hideki Niwa||LDP||2005 – 2009||Failed reelection in the Tōkai PR block|
|Yoshihiro Ishida||DPJ||2009 – 2011||Resigned for the 2011 Nagoya mayoral election|
|LDP (NK||Hideki Niwa||113,991||49.1|
|DPJ (PNP)||Masaki Amano||56,644||24.4|
|TPJ (NPD)||Tomohiko Mizuno||37,200||16.0|
|Genzei Nippon||Masayo Kawamura||39,308||23.2|
|DPJ (PNP support)||Yoshihiro Ishida||167,697|
|LDP (Kōmeitō support)||Hideki Niwa||102,252|
|Mushozoku no Kai||Ken'ichi Itō||22,617|
|Bunka Forum||Yōko Muramatsu||966|
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC): 平成24年9月2日現在選挙人名簿及び在外選挙人名簿登録者数
- 総選挙2012>開票結果 小選挙区 愛知. Yomiuri Shimbun (in Japanese). Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- Yomiuri Shimbun: election result
- 衆議院>第45回衆議院議員選挙>愛知県>愛知6区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). JANJAN. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- 衆議院>第44回衆議院議員選挙>愛知県>愛知6区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). JANJAN. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- 衆議院>第43回衆議院議員選挙>愛知県>愛知6区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). JANJAN. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- 衆議院>第42回衆議院議員選挙>愛知県>愛知6区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). JANJAN. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- 衆議院>第41回衆議院議員選挙>愛知県>愛知6区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). JANJAN. Retrieved 2011-02-07.