This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aida Mohammadkhani (Persian: آیدا محمدخانی, born on June 2, 1988) is an Iranian actress working in Persian film. She is best known for her portrayal of an innocent child who lost her money on the way to buy goldfish from the market, in the film The White Balloon (1995) directed by Jafar Panahi.
June 2, 1988 |
|Years active||1994 - 1998|
Ali Akbar (Father)Azra Mohammadi (Mother)
Aida was born in Tehran. She is the second eldest among four siblings.
Film & Television Career
In 1995 Mohammadkhani made her acting debut in the award winning film The White Balloon, playing the child protagonist Aida, a film by Jafar Panahi at the age of seven years. Aida then acted in Raaz Mina (1996), directed by Abbas Rafei, and another Ebrahim (1998) directed by Hamidreza Mohseni.
Mohammadkhani received her master's degree in Clinical Psychology from Alzahra University. She is a PhD student in Cognitive Neurosciences at school of cognitive sciences in the Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM). http://www.ipm.ac.ir/personalinfo.jsp?PeopleCode=IP1300016
Awards and Honours
- "The Golden Butterfly" award for Best Actress at Isfahan International Festival, Cinema of Iran.
- Judge at Isfahan International Festival - (2002) with Baran Kosari, Reza Davood Nejad, Shahed Ahmadloo, Mehdi Bagherbeigi
- Judge at International Fair Festival Iran - (2009) The White Balloon
- Caméra d'or - 1995 at Cannes Film Festival
- Gold Award - 1995 at Tokyo International Film Festival
- Best International Film - 1995 at Sudbury Cinéfest
- International Jury Award - 1995 at São Paulo International Film Festival