This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aiden Shaw (Life Ball 2013)
|Occupation||Author, model, actor, singer, poet, & musician/song-writer/producer, music video director, artist|
Shaw began working in gay porn in the early 1990s. Since then he has appeared in over 50 films. He retired from the porn industry in 1999.
In 1991, Shaw collaborated with the New York artist Mark Beard to produce a limited edition publication named Aiden. The book included several portraits of Shaw, with text written by both Beard and Shaw as a form of dialogue.
However, it was not until 1996 that Shaw wrote his first novel, Brutal. Also in 1996, The Bad Press published a collection of his poems, If Language at the Same Time Shapes and Distorts our Ideas and Emotions, How do we Communicate Love? He wrote two more novels; Boundaries (1997) and Wasted (2001), and an autobiography, My Undoing (2006) in which he openly discusses his life in the sex industry as a porn star and sex worker, his drug use, and his HIV status (Shaw was diagnosed HIV positive in 1997).
Shaw was signed to Success Models in Paris. Shaw was shot by Giampaolo Sgura for Hercules International magazine. In 2013 he was the face of the Polish fashion company Bytom. In 2014, Shaw walked for Berluti. Shaw was featured by New Zealand menswear brand, Working Style for their Autumn Winter 2014 campaign.
- Brutal (Millivres Books, 1996) ISBN 1-873741-24-3
- If Language at the Same Time Shapes and Distorts Our Ideas and Emotions, How Do We Communicate Love? (The Bad Press, 1996) ISBN 0-9517233-4-0
- Boundaries (Brighton: Millivres Prowler Group 1997) ISBN 1-873741-48-0
- Wasted (Brighton: Millivres Prowler Group, 2001) ISBN 1-902852-34-6
- My Undoing: Love in the Thick of Sex, Drugs, Pornography, and Prostitution (New York: Carroll & Graf, 2006) ISBN 0-7867-1743-2
- Sordid Truths: Selling My Innocence for a Taste of Stardom (Alyson Books, 2009) ISBN 1-59350-137-4
- Beard, Mark; Brady, Aiden (1992). Aiden. London, England: Feard Press. ASIN B0006P9EYM.
- "Aiden Shaw article". Gay.net. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Ford, Tyrone (Dec 11, 2009). "Aiden Shaw on surviving porn, prostitution". Washington Blade. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Shaw, Aiden (1996), If language at the same time shapes and distorts our ideas and emotions, how do we communicate love?, Bemis/Flaherty Collection of Gay Poetry, The Bad Press, OCLC 298124621
- Josh Sparber (September 2006). "The Porn Identity (interview with Aiden Shaw)". Poz.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- Sam Page (January 2010). "Coming To Terms (interview with Aiden Shaw)". HIVPLUSMAG.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Aiden Shaw by Giampaolo Sgura For Herculese Universal Magazine". AccidentalBear.com. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Aiden Shaw & Anatol Modzelewski for Bytom". The Fashionisto. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Berluti Show SS14 – List of Models". Models.com. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Aiden Shaw and our AW14 Campaign". Working Style. Retrieved 27 March 2015.