Aiden Shaw (Life Ball 2013)
|Born||Aiden Finbar Brady
22 February 1966
Accrington, Lancashire, England
|Occupation||Author, model, actor, singer, poet, & musician/song-writer/producer, music video director, artist|
Shaw was born in Harrow, London, on 22 February 1966, the sixth of seven children in an Irish Catholic family. At 14, he began dressing in an "alternative" way, taking an interest in the New romantic, Punk, & Goth fashion/youth culture scenes that were prominent at that time. At 16 he enrolled on a two-year Creative Arts foundation course at Nelson and Colne College. Then he spent two years at Manchester Youth Theatre. Afterwards he embarked on an Expressive Arts degree at the then Brighton Polytechnic (now University of Brighton), but after only a year he transferred to Harrow College of Higher Education to study Film, television, Photography & Video. After leaving college he worked for a time directing and art-directing music videos for bands such as Peter Hook's (bass player of New Order) offshoot project Dead Beat.
Shaw has two albums of music to his credit, performing lead vocals on Whatever, created by working with his band of the same name. He also wrote and produced performance artist Nina Silvert on Nina Silvert does Aiden Shaw.
In 2011, while working as an English teacher in Barcelona, Shaw received a request from GQ magazine to model for them in Berlin. It was in the subsequent publication that he was spotted by and signed to Success Models in Paris. Shaw was shot by Giampaolo Sgura for Hercules International magazine. In 2012 Shaw also signed to Sight Management in Barcelona, and since early 2014 Shaw is also represented in the US by NY based IMG Models. Shaw has modelled for publications including GQ Style, Esquire, Another Magazine, Interview Magazine, & in both Elle China & The Rake magazine. In 2013 he was the face of the Polish fashion company Bytom and the Buenos Aires fashion brand El Burgues S/S & A/W 2013, 2014 and S/S 2015, Beijing-based Gorina and Sweden's Oscar-Jacobson. Shaw did print and film work for Kalle Gustafsso for the Swedish brand 'Uniforms for the Dedicated' and walked for Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 2014 and Berluti. He appeared in the first edition of Carine Roitfeld's CR Fashion Book, and the subsequent documentary Mademoiselle C that showed 'the making of' this first issue.. Shaw was featured by New Zealand menswear brand, Working Style for their Autumn Winter 2014 campaign.
- Brutal (Millivres Books, 1996) ISBN 1-873741-24-3
- If Language at the Same Time Shapes and Distorts Our Ideas and Emotions, How Do We Communicate Love? (The Bad Press, 1996) ISBN 0-9517233-4-0
- Boundaries (Brighton: Millivres Prowler Group 1997) ISBN 1-873741-48-0
- Wasted (Brighton: Millivres Prowler Group, 2001) ISBN 1-902852-34-6
- My Undoing: Love in the Thick of Sex, Drugs, Pornography, and Prostitution (New York: Carroll & Graf, 2006) ISBN 0-7867-1743-2
- Sordid Truths: Selling My Innocence for a Taste of Stardom (Alyson Books, 2009) ISBN 1-59350-137-4
- Perfect Fit
- Addiction: Part 1
- Addiction: Part 2
- Hot Wired 2
- Blockbuster Cocks
- The Backroom
- Boot Black II: Spit Shine
- Forced Entry
- Hardbody Video Magazine 4
- New Pledgemaster
- Bad Brad's Hush
- Break Away
- Grease Guns
- Mess Hall Maneuvers
- Roll in the Hay
- The Best of Aiden Shaw
- Raw: Bad Brad's Erotic Remix
- License to Thrill
- On the Mark
- Summer Buddies
- Black Leather White Studs
- Command Performance
- Dirty Dreaming
- Grand Prize
- Hot Pursuit
- Midnight Sun
- Night Force
- Beard, Mark; Brady, Aiden (1992). Aiden. London, England: Feard Press. ASIN B0006P9EYM.
- "Aiden Shaw article". Gay.net. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Aiden Shaw by Giampaolo Sgura For Herculese Universal Magazine". AccidentalBear.com. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Aiden Shaw & Anatol Modzelewski for Bytom". The Fashionisto. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Berluti Show SS14 - List of Models". Models.com. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Aiden Shaw and our AW14 Campaign". Working Style. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Success Models - Aiden Shaw
- Sight Management - Aiden Shaw
- IMG Models - Aiden Shaw
- Facebook / Aiden Shaw
- Twitter / @aidenshaw