Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley
|Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley|
Boer War Memorial at Hurst Green
|Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley shown within Lancashire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley is a civil parish in the Borough of Ribble Valley in Lancashire, England, just west of Clitheroe. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 1,307, an increase from 1,249 in 2001.
The main settlements in the parish are Hurst Green and Walker Fold. Other places are Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley, originally three hamlets forming a township. Stonyhurst College is located near to Hurst Green, within the parish.
AIGHTON, one of three hamlets forming a township in the parish of Mitton, Lancashire. It lies near Hodder river, under Longridge fell, 3½ miles NNW of Whalley r. station, and 5 WSW of Clitheroe. It contains cotton factories, a workhouse, and the Roman Catholic college of Stonyhurst. The other hamlets of the township are Bailey and Chaighley. Acres in the three, 5,780. Real property, £6,726. Pop., 1,500. Houses, 244.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Ribble Valley Retrieved 31 July 2010
- Stringer, Phil (2005-02-09). "Aighton". GENUKI. Archived from the original on 29 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-17.
- "Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley Hmlt/CP through time". visionofbritain.org.uk. GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley". MARIO. Lancashire County Council. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley". Ordnance Survey Linked Data Platform. Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Councillors by Ward: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley". Ribble Valley Borough Council. Retrieved 16 April 2016.