|Awards||International Women of Courage Award|
She is a defense attorney and member of the Almaty Regional Bar Association.
She works to rehabilitate women connected with extremist groups.
"Islamic extremism and terrorism are serious problems that the government should fight, but my job is to make sure that the government doesn’t cheat in doing this."
- Morello, Carol (2018-03-23). "Melania Trump presents Women of Courage awards at State Department". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- "Human rights defender from Kazakhstan receives International Women of Courage Award". akipress.com. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Kazakh court orders release on parole of opposition activist Kozlov". U.S. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- Caravanserai. "Kazakhstan battles female radicalisation". Caravanserai. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- "'Our Future Will Be Violent Extremism'". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aiman Umarova.|
- "Biographies of the Finalists for the 2018 International Women of Courage Awards". U.S. Department of State | Home Page. 1944-12-09. Archived from the original on 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "State Department honors International Women of Courage". UPI. 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Everyday hero: Defending women's rights in Kazakhstan". medium.com. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Forum 18: KAZAKHSTAN: Government contradicts UN Human Rights Committee - 22 July 2016". forum18.org. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "www.osce.org/ru/odihr/187311?download=true". osce.org. Retrieved 2018-04-05.