|Developer(s)||TSS - Transport Simulation Systems|
|Stable release||Aimsun 8.1 / June 1, 2015|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32- and 64-bit versions), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2 (32- and 64-bit versions), Mac OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard), Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Compatible distribution|
|Type||Traffic simulation, computer-aided engineering software, traffic engineering, transportation planning, emergency evacuation|
Aimsun software is used by government agencies, municipalities, universities and consultants worldwide for traffic engineering, traffic simulation, transportation planning and emergency evacuation studies. It is used to improve road infrastructure, reduce emissions, cut congestion and design urban environments for vehicles and pedestrians.
The latest version - Aimsun 8.1 - was released in June 2015.
- Aimsun website
- Aimsun user forum
- Aimsun YouTube channel
- Aimsun YouTube demonstration
- Legion for Aimsun
- From theory to practice: Gaussian process metamodels for the sensitivity analysis of traffic simulation models. A case study of the Aimsun mesoscopic model., in: Transportation Research Record (TRR), Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Ciuffo B., Casas, J., Montanino M., Punzo, V.:2013
- The role of simulation in advanced traffic management systems, in: Proc. of the 7th World Conf. on ITS, Torino, Barceló, J.: 2000.
- GETRAM/AIMSUN: A software environment for microscopic traffic analysis, in: Proc. of the Workshop on Next Generation Models for Traffic Analysis, Monitoring and Management, Tucson, AZ, September, Barceló, J.: 2001.
- The use of neural networks for short-term prediction of traffic demand, in: A. Zeder (ed.), Transportation and Traffic Theory, Pergamon, Barceló, J. and Casas, J.: 1999.
- Dynamic network simulation with AIMSUN, Preprints of the Proc. of the Internat. Symposium on Transport Simulation, Yokohama, Kluwer, in press, Barceló, J. and Casas, J.: 2003.
- Analysis of dynamic guidance systems by microsimulation with AIMSUN2, in: Proc. of the 6th World Conf. on ITS, Toronto, Barceló, J., Casas, J., and Ferrer, J. L.: 1999a.
- Modeling advanced transport telematic applications with microscopic simulators: The case of AIMSUN2, in: W. Brilon, F. Huber, M. Schreckenberg and H. Wallentowitz (eds), Traffic and Mobility, Simulation, Economics, Environment, Springer, Berlin, Barceló, J., Casas, J., Ferrer, J. L., and García, D.: 1999b.