Ain't That Lonely Yet
|"Ain't That Lonely Yet"|
|Single by Dwight Yoakam|
|from the album This Time|
|Released||March 8, 1993|
|Format||CD Single, 7" single|
|Dwight Yoakam singles chronology|
"Ain't That Lonely Yet" is a song written by Kostas and James House, and recorded by American country music artist Dwight Yoakam. It was released in March 1993 as the first single from his CD This Time. It peaked at number 2 for the week of June 5, 1993 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks. It served as the lead-off single to his CD, This Time; in addition, it went on to win a Grammy award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance.
The song is a mid-tempo in which the narrator has just left his lover because of what she has put him through. She tries to win him back with phone calls and notes (left on his door). The narrator denies his former lover, and tries to convince himself that he "ain't that lonely yet," or not lonely enough to return to her.
The music video was directed by Dwight Yoakam and Carolyn Mayer.
"Ain't That Lonely Yet" debuted at number 60 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of March 13, 1993.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
- Janovitz, Bill. "Dwight Yoakam - "Ain't That Lonely Yet"". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 0977." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. June 12, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Dwight Yoakam Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Dwight Yoakam Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Best of 1993: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.