Ain't Got Nothin' on Us
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Ain't Got Nothin' on Us"|
|Single by John Michael Montgomery|
|from the album What I Do the Best|
|Released||August 26, 1996|
|Writer(s)||Jim Robinson, Wendell Mobley|
|John Michael Montgomery singles chronology|
"Ain't Got Nothin' on Us" is a song written by Jim Robinson and Wendell Mobley, and recorded by American country music artist John Michael Montgomery. It was released in August 1996 as the lead single from his album What I Do the Best. It peaked at number 15 in the United States, while in Canada it peaked at number 3.
Larry Flick, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that the production is "effective with a more live sound that makes the drums and piano sound as if they are only a few feet away from the listener." He goes on to say that Montgomery turns in an "enjoyable performance that seems relaxed, as if he were just reveling in the mood of the song without a care in the world."
The music video was directed by Martin Kahan and premiered in mid-1996.
"Ain't Got Nothin' on Us" debuted at number 38 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of September 14, 1996.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||15|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||85|
- Billboard, August 31, 1996
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9859." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 11, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "John Michael Montgomery – Chart history" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for John Michael Montgomery.
- "John Michael Montgomery – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for John Michael Montgomery.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1996". RPM. December 16, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.