|Directed by||Sidhartha Siva|
|Written by||Sidhartha Siva|
|Music by||Rahul Raj|
|Edited by||Vineeb Krishnan|
Ain is a 2015 Indian Malayalam-language film written and directed by Sidhartha Siva and starring Musthafa and Rachana Narayanankutty. Set in a Muslim household in Malabar, the film revolves around a lazy but innocent and vulnerable youth who happens to witness a murder and escapes to Mangalore. The film released in selected theatres in Kerala on 25 September 2015.
The film won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Malayalam, while Musthafa got a Special Jury Mention for acting. The film also won the Padmarajan Award. The original musical score was composed, arranged, programmed and produced by Rahul Raj & The song penned by Vishal Johnson.
Maanu (Musthafa) is a naïve, lazy and aimless youngster who doesn’t have a steady job with a steady income. Although time has come for him to shoulder the responsibility of providing for his family, he runs away from it and is least concerned about what life means to him. Maanu flees his native place to Mangalore in fear of his life, after witnessing the gruesome murder of a local political functionary. The interaction he has with Saira (Rachana Narayanankutty) following a chance meeting with her has a bearing on him and influences him to change his outlook towards life.
Ain released in theatres in Kerala on 25 September 2015. The film was scheduled to be screened in theatres across the state but released finally in 3 theatres in Trivandrum, Thrissur and Calicut. The film industry came out together against this move by theatres including appeals by actors such as Kunchako Boban and Vineeth Sreenivasan appealing directly to audience to watch Ain.
- 2015 National Film Award
- Meera Suresh (20 March 2015). "A Realistic Viewfinder". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Radhika C Pillai (24 March 2015). "I love to wear Purdah: Rachana Narayanankutty". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "62nd National Film Awards: Complete list of winners". IBN Live. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Padmarajan award for Ain". The Hindu. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Movie Review - Ain: Malayalam: Kudos Sidhartha Siva; Job Well Done!". Yentha. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Sidhartha Siva's 'Ain' hits theatres; celebs ask fans to watch National Award-winning film". IB Times. 25 September 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "State Awards: Nazriya, Nivin, Sudev bag top honours" Archived 13 August 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Malayala Manorama. 10 August 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2015.