|Hubs||Kapiti Coast Airport|
|Headquarters||Kapiti Coast Airport, Paraparaumu New Zealand|
air2there was an airline based in New Zealand. It began service in 2004, and was based at Kapiti Coast Airport, 60 km north of Wellington. It operated scheduled services across Cook Strait. Charter services to other New Zealand destinations were also available. Aero-medical flights were conducted from Wellington Airport using twin turbo prop aircraft. As of November 2018, air2there has not flown since June, and applications to liquidate the airline have been filed. The airline's Cessna Grand Caravan is up for sale
The airline was launched in October 2004 by former Paraparaumu Airport owner Murray Cole and his company Integra Investments. He saw a gap in the market by providing a quick alternative to Wellington Airport with the company to be based at Paraparaumu Airport. Flying started with one 14 seat Grand Caravan and two Chieftains. The company started with flights to Blenheim, Masterton, Wellington and Palmerston North, then Nelson and Whanganui were added in February 2005. Flights were later terminated to Masterton, Palmerston North and Whanganui at the end of 2005 when it found there was no market. In May 2013 air2there added a Beech 200 Super King Air to their fleet. This is used for air ambulance operations supporting Life Flight Trust. In 2017 Jetstream series aircraft were added to the fleet for charter and regional services under the Originair brand. Air 2 There was put into receivership in November 2018 with a Piper Navajo and two engines been seized.
The following destinations were served by the airline but are currently suspended:
|Beechcraft King Air B200||1||9||Based at Wellington and used as an Air Ambulance|
|Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan||1||14|||
- Not an ICAO allocation - issued for domestic use by the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand
- "Information". Air2there.com. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- L, Steve (23 November 2018). "3rd Level New Zealand: air2there or not?". 3rd Level New Zealand. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "1997 CESSNA CARAVAN 208B GRAND For Sale In North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina". controller.com. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- Posted by Steve L (8 March 2015). "3rd Level New Zealand: air2there - the city-hopper air service". 3rdlevelnz.blogspot.co.nz. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Kay Blundell (7 February 2011). "Air2there welcomes looming competition". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Air2there regional airline goes into receivership". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Aircraft Registration Mark Query". Caa.govt.nz. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air2There.|