||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
AirMagnet is a Wi-Fi wireless network assurance company based in Sunnyvale, California. The firm was founded in 2001 by Dean T. Au, Chia-Chee Kuan and Miles Wu and shipped its first WLAN analyzer product in 2002. In August 2006, the company shipped the Vo-Fi Analyzer, the first voice-over-Wi-Fi analyzer that can be used on encrypted VoWLAN networks. It is backed by venture capital firms such as Intel Capital, Acer Technology Ventures and VenGlobal.
The company manufactures and sells a suite of wireless site survey tools, laptop analyzers, spectrum analyzers, handheld analyzers, network management and troubleshooting solutions (including wireless access point management via LWAPP), as well as wireless intrusion detection systems (WIDS) and wireless intrusion prevention systems (WIPS) products and VoWLAN instruments.
In August 2009, Fluke Networks acquired AirMagnet.
- Fluke Networks Completes Acquisition of AirMagnet
- Fluke Networks wireless products
- "AirMagnet Rolls Out Voice-Over-Wi-Fi Analysis Tool" May 2006 article in Information Week Magazine
- "Airmagnet Boosts WLAN Security, Monitoring Features" February 2006 article in ComputerWorld Magazine
- "Wireless Propagator: Seeing the Unseen" March 2006 article in Network Computing Magazine
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|