|Industry||Enterprise mobility management software|
|Founded||2003in Atlanta, USA|
Number of employees
AirWatch is an Atlanta-based provider of enterprise mobility management (EMM) software and standalone management systems for content, applications and email.
AirWatch was founded in 2003 as Wandering WiFi by John Marshall, who currently serves as president and CEO. Since 2006 Alan Dabbiere is the chairman. In February 2013, AirWatch received its first round of funding, a $200 million investment from Insight Venture Partners and Accel. On February 24, 2014 VMware acquired AirWatch for approximately $1.181B in cash and approximately $364M of installment payments and assumed unvested equity. 
- Kim, Kathy. "AirWatch Acquires Motorola's Mobility Services Platform". CRN. UBM. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Rasmussen, Patty. "Power Players: Technology Ambassador". Georgia Trend Magazine. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Hockenson, Lauren. "You're no longer a startup...so now what?". The Next Web. The Next Web, Inc. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Ho, Victoria. "AirWatch Gets $200 Million Series A Funding". TechCrunch. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Somashekhar, Paple. "VMware Completes Acquisition of AirWatch".
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|