|Hubs||Cairo International Airport|
National Bank of Egypt
|Key people||Yasser Elramly (CEO)|
Air Cairo is a low fare airline based in Cairo, Egypt. The airline is the low fare subsidiary of EgyptAir which operates scheduled flights to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan in the middle east, and inclusive tour flights to Egypt from Europe. Its main base is Cairo International Airport with the company head office in the Sheraton Heliopolis Zone.
Recently, the company is re-modeling towards the low fare model which is planned to be the strongest low fare airline in Egypt. On 1 June 2012 Air Cairo launched its first ever scheduled flight from Borg El Arab Airport Alexandria to Kuwait International Airport, Queen Alia International Airport, King Abdul Aziz International Airport, Tripoli International Airport, Sabha Airport, Misrata Airport and King Khaled International Airport. Air Cairo also launched its scheduled flights from Hurghada International Airport to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. But those flights were suspended in the end of December 2015 due to poor loads.
As of September 2017, Air Cairo operates to the following airports:
- "Air Cairo". ch-aviation. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Airlines based in Egypt: Air Cairo". airlineupdate. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "." Air Cairo. Retrieved on 2 May 2010.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. pp. 53–54.
- "Er Kairo otkazao sve letove iz BG". b92.net.
- "Air Cairo". www.flyaircairo.com.
- Flightradar24. "Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!". Flightradar24.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 13.
Media related to Air Cairo at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in English)