This article needs to be updated.(August 2017)
|Commenced operations||18 July 2016|
|Ceased operations||6 April 2017|
|Operating bases||Coimbatore International Airport|
|Hubs||Chennai International Airport|
|Fleet size||1 (March 2017)|
|Destinations||4 (March 2017)|
|Company slogan||Safety first! On time every time!|
|Headquarters||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
Air Carnival was an Indian regional airline based at Coimbatore International Airport with a hub at Chennai International Airport. The airline was founded in 2013 as a charter airline but has since transitioned to scheduled operations within South India, which were launched in July 2016. Air Carnival was being promoted by Coimbatore Marine College (CMC) Group. The airlines ceased its operation on 6 April 2017. At the time of ceasing, it flew to four destinations using one ATR 72-500. As on 19 June 2017, DGCA suspended its AOP and the lone aircraft has been taken by the lessors.
In 2013, S. I. Nathan, founded Air Carnival Charter Services as a charter airline based in Delhi. CMC Group later shifted the focus of Air Carnival to short-haul routes within South India. Coimbatore was selected as a base because it is the headquarters of CMC Group, the airport has many available facilities and Coimbatore is a growing city located close to the Tier-1 cities Bangalore and Chennai. The airline focuses on unserved and poorly served markets.
Air Carnival received its first aircraft, an ATR 72-500, in April 2016. It received its air operator's certificate on 4 July 2016 and commenced operations on 18 July with a flight from Coimbatore to Chennai. The airline charged ₹1 (1.4¢ US) per ticket for the first flight.
The airline has stopped operation of its lone aircraft on 6 April 2017.
Air Carnival is being promoted by CMC Group, which is investing ₹50 crore (US$7.0 million) in the company. The airline is headquartered in Coimbatore. Manish Kumar Singh serves as CEO; and S. I. Nathan, who is also the director of CMC Group, is the founder and chairman.
On 3 April 2017, S. I. Nathan announced the sale of 100 percent stake in the airline, which will be completed by 7 April.
As on 13 April 2017, Air Carnival was sold to angel investors for around 70 Crore. The new company will take over the company from July 2017.
Air Carnival was flying to the following destinations in India at the time of ceasing:
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||Chennai International Airport|||
|Tamil Nadu||Coimbatore||Coimbatore International Airport||—|
|Tamil Nadu||Tuticorin||Tuticorin Airport||—|
|Tamil Nadu||Tiruchirappalli||Tiruchirappalli International Airport||—|
- "Air Carnival". ch-aviation. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "7340.2F with Change 1 and Change 2 and Change 3" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. 15 September 2016. p. CAM 1-1. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- L N Revathy. "Air Carnival aircraft grounded | Business Line". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "About Air Carnival". Air Carnival. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- T. E., Narasimhan (14 June 2016). "Coimbatore biz group to launch airline". Business Standard. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "We'll get home town advantage in Coimbatore: Air Carnival CEO". The Times of India. 26 April 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- T. E., Narasimhan (27 January 2015). "With short-haul flights, Air Carnival joins the aviation race". Business Standard. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Kumar, Sajan (31 December 2014). "Air Carnival sees no air pockets, to launch by April". The Financial Express. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- L. N., Revathy (15 April 2016). "Air Carnival to take wings in May". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Air Carnival to add two more aircraft". The Hindu. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- T. E., Narasimhan (18 July 2016). "Coimbatore-based Air Carnival commences operations". Business Standard. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Air Carnival to start flying from July 18". The Hindu. 12 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Air Carnival to change hands, 100% stake sale likely this week". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Angel investors snap up Air Carnival for Rs 70 crore". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Flight schedule". Air Carnival. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Air Carnival to add two more aircraft". The Hindu. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
Media related to Air Carnival at Wikimedia Commons