Air Choice One
|Founded||1979 (as Multi-Aero Corporation)|
|Company slogan||"In The Service Of Others"|
|Parent company||Multi-Aero, Inc.|
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Key people||Shane Storz (CEO)|
Darnea Wood (CFO)
Multi-Aero, Inc., doing business as Air Choice One, is an American airline with its headquarters in Concord, Missouri within the Greater St. Louis area. It operates as a regional airline offering commuter flights from St. Louis Lambert International Airport, O'Hare International Airport, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport to smaller regional airports, subsidized under the Essential Air Service program. Air Choice One's callsign, 'Weber', is in honor of Mike Weber, the airlines first Chief Pilot.
In January 2013 the DOT granted Air Choice One a three-year contract extension for both Decatur, Illinois and Burlington, Iowa. As a stipulation for obtaining both extensions Air Choice One implemented systems for electronic ticketing and baggage agreements via WorldSpan (a part of the global distribution system, or GDS) in December 2012. This allows passengers to book tickets with connections to and from other major airlines on popular travel websites in a "one-click" process, as opposed to buying tickets at one airline and then having to book tickets with another on two separate confirmations.
In February 2014 Air Choice One was awarded by the DOT a four-year extension on its EAS contract to serve Jonesboro, Arkansas. In the same month, there were three proposals sent out by them to the following cities for EAS service: Ironwood, Michigan, Fort Dodge, Iowa and Mason City, Iowa.
In March 2014 Muscle Shoals, Alabama city and airport leaders visited the Air Choice One headquarters to consider its EAS contract bid for Northwest Alabama Regional Airport, however the contract was awarded to SeaPort Airlines and later Boutique Air to begin service in 2016. Previously in 2011, Air Choice One submitted a proposal to the US DOT to serve Muscle Shoals with flights to either Atlanta, Nashville or Memphis. Pending acceptance of the proposal, the airline was planning to begin flights in as little as 30 days. The airline never commenced service to Muscle Shoals.
On December 21, 2017 Air Choice One was granted a four year contract extension in Burlington, Iowa and was not selected for another term in Decatur, Illinois, marking the end of Air Choice One's nearly eight years of service to Decatur Airport.
On January 18, 2018 Air Choice One was approved by the DOT to begin service to Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport from Jackson, Tennessee for a term beginning on March 1, 2018 until May 31, 2021.
On March 14, 2018 the airline passed the FAA mandated proving runs with its Beechcraft 1900C, meaning that the aircraft is now approved to be used in daily line operations. Air Choice One began operating the aircraft between Fort Dodge, Iowa and both Minneapolis and St. Louis in May 2018 and continues to bid other essential air service routes proposing to use the Beechcraft 1900.
Effective February 1, 2019 the 3-letter ICAO prefix changed from WBR to ACO.
|Atlanta||Georgia||Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport||Secondary hub|
|Burlington||Iowa||Southeast Iowa Regional Airport|
|Chicago||Illinois||O'Hare International Airport||Secondary hub|
|Destin||Florida||Destin Executive Airport||service begins 7/4/19|
|Fort Dodge||Iowa||Fort Dodge Regional Airport|
|Ironwood||Michigan||Gogebic-Iron County Airport|
|Jackson||Tennessee||McKellar–Sipes Regional Airport|
|Jonesboro||Arkansas||Jonesboro Municipal Airport|
|Mason City||Iowa||Mason City Municipal Airport||Base|
|Minneapolis||Minnesota||Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport||Secondary hub|
|St. Louis||Missouri||St. Louis Lambert International Airport||Hub and main base|
Air Choice One operates the following aircraft:
|Cessna 208B Grand Caravan||8||0||8||One aircraft used as Air Choice Cargo with an all cargo interior|
|Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX||4||0||8|
|Beechcraft 1900C||1||3||9||Currently configured for 9 with intent for 19 upon FAA approval expected 7/19|
- "Facebook - Info.". Retrieved on July 19, 2011. "12300 Old Tesson Road Suite 200-F St. Louis 63128"
- "Air Choice One begins offering flights to St. Louis". Kirksville Daily Express. 2008-08-01. Archived from the original on 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "About Air Choice One - The Company". Air Choice One. Archived from the original on 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- Freeman, Huey. Decatur a step closer to restoring air service to O'Hare, Herald & Review, October 23, 2009, Retrieved 2009-10-23
- Crippes, Christina Regional airport gets choice of new carrier, The Hawk Eye, October 23, 2009, Retrieved 2009-10-27
- "Air Choice One to fly into Jonesboro as new EAS carrier". HarrisonDaily.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Air Choice One JBR Flight Schedule" (PDF). Air Choice One. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Voyles, Ryan Way cleared for Air Choice One to serve Decatur for three more years, Herald Review, January 8, 2013, Retrieved 2013-02-24
- Air Choice One has been granted a three-year extension to its current Department of Transportation Essential Air Service Contract which provides air service for the community of Burlington[permanent dead link], Fort Madison Daily Democrat, January 11, 2013, Retrieved 2013-02-24
- "DOT extends Air Choice One EAS contract in Jonesboro AR. by four years". Air Choice One website. 2014-02-25. Archived from the original on 2014-03-02. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Can airport set agreement with airline?". Your Daily Globe. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Great Lakes, Air Choice One Airlines Submit Fort Dodge Proposals". Your Fort Dodge. 2014-02-19. Archived from the original on 2014-03-02. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Two proposals received for air service to Mason City". GlobeGazette. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "2 carriers show interest in Shoals airport". WAAF-TV. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "SeaPort calling it quits after less than a year". TimesDaily. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Boutique Air secures Muscle Shoals, AL EAS contract". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- McLaughlin, Budd (October 14, 2011). "Missouri air carrier proposes serving Northwest Alabama Regional Airport". The Huntsville Times.
- "DOT Awards EAS Contract for Ironwood, MI to Air Choice One". Air Choice One. 2014-04-18. Archived from the original on 2014-04-19. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Skipper, John (September 12, 2014). "Air Choice One to start service Nov. 17; $59 flight to Chicago". Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- "Regulations.gov". regulations.gov. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Regulations.gov". regulations.gov. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "FAA Orders & Notices" (PDF). https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/index.cfm/go/document.list/documentType/genot. Retrieved 29 January 2019. External link in
- "Air Choice One - Book Your Flight Today!". Air Choice One. Retrieved 16 November 2018.