Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute
The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), formed in 2008 by a merger of the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) and the Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association (GAMA), is a North American trade association of manufacturers of air conditioning, heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment.
AHRI's 2017 annual meeting was held at Trump National Doral Miami. AHRI paid Trump Doral $700,650 for the event. Two weeks later, the Trump administration announced support for the Kigali Accord to the Montreal Protocol, a move that was lobbied by and celebrated by AHRI.
It also has a research arm, the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology Institute (AHRTI).
- "AHRTI Issues First Low-GWP Alternative Refrigerants Report". Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Writer, Jim Walsh, AFN Staff. "Banned refrigerant impacting Ahwatukee heat-pump owners". Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Harder, Amy (23 November 2017). "Trump administration backs Obama-led climate effort". Axios. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- @AHRIEngage (24 November 2017). "Happy to see that U.S. supports goals of #KigaliAmendment. HVACR industry looks forward to helping to get it ratified" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Harder, Amy (15 December 2017). "How your air conditioner plays catch-up to regulations". Axios. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
We didn't anticipate having to go through a transition again as quickly as we have," said Francis Dietz, a vice president at The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute, an industry trade group representing manufacturers like Honeywell and Chemours. "At the time, we were not thinking about climate change all. That was not the issue. The issue was ozone depletion.
- Walker Davis (March 11, 2020). "Special interest paid Trump's resort $700K while lobbying him. Then they got something they wanted". CREW. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Progress Continues at UL on AHRTI Research Project on Flammable Refrigerants". UL (safety organization). Retrieved 30 July 2018.