ASL Airlines Ireland
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Parent company||ASL Aviation Group|
|Headquarters||Swords, Dublin, Ireland|
|Key people||Colin Grant (CEO)
Alan Duffy (CFO)
ASL Airlines (Ireland) Limited, formerly Air Contractors, is a freight and passenger airline. It operates scheduled freight services throughout Europe on behalf of major integrators such as FedEx Feeder and DHL Express; and operates unscheduled passenger air charter flights. ASL Aviation Group Limited, the parent company of ASL Airlines Ireland, has its head office at No.3 Malahide Road, Swords, County Dublin, Ireland.
The airline was established and started operations in 1972, as Air Bridge Carriers at East Midlands Airport. In September 1992 the name Hunting Cargo Airlines was adopted and in 1997 the transfer of all airline operations to Ireland was completed. In June 1998 the Hunting Group sold its aviation arm to a joint consortium of CMB Compagnie Maritime Belge and Safair (part of the Imperial Group) and the airline was rebranded Air Contractors. The Imperial Group transferred its 49% shareholding in the company to 3P Air Freighters/Petercam S.A. in 2007.
Air Contractors acquired French carrier Europe Airpost on 14 March 2008. Following the acquisition of EAP into the ACL group of companies, the group was rebranded ASL Aviation Group, representing the three core activities of the group; Airlines, Support and Leasing.
In 2010 Air Contractors entered a new era with the start of passenger flying on a Boeing 737-300 aircraft in conjunction with its Group partner, Europe Airpost.
On 4 June 2015, ASL Aviation Group announced that Air Contractors would be rebranded as ASL Airlines Ireland, Europe Airpost as ASL Airlines France, Farnair Hungary as ASL Airlines Hungary and Farnair Switzerland as ASL Airlines Switzerland.
The company announced on 5 February 2016 that it had agreed to buy TNT Airways and PAN Air, on the condition that FedEx's purchase of TNT goes ahead. The sale went through in May 2016 and TNT Airways became ASL Airlines Belgium.
As of 31 March 2016, the ASL Airlines Ireland fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Airbus A300-600F||4||—||All operating for DHL Aviation|
|ATR 42-300F||7||—||5 operating for FedEx Express|
|ATR 72-200F||16||—||5 operating for FedEx Express|
|Boeing 737-300||1||—||Operates passenger charter flights|
|Boeing 757-200||4||All damp leased to Aer Lingus|
- "Contact Us." ASL Aviation Group. Retrieved on 15 April 2014. "Contact ASL Aviation Group Limited, No 3 Malahide Road, Swords Co. Dublin Ireland.
- "Press Release: Acquisition of Europe Air Post by Air Contractors". Air Contractors. 2008-03-14. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "Ireland based ASL Aviation Group is to launch a new European airline brand, ASL Airlines, as part of its strategy for continued growth in passenger and cargo operations.". ASL Aviation Group. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- globaltrademag.com - ASL Finalizes Acquisition of TNT Air Operations 2 June 2016
- aslairlines.be - ASL AIRLINES BELGIUM formerly TNT Airways retrieved 26 June 2016
- "Latest Register and Monthly Changes". Irish Aviation Authority. 31 March 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
Media related to ASL Airlines Ireland at Wikimedia Commons